Block cam and crank codes?

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Can you block cam and or crank positioning codes? I don't know what kind of codes are blocked in the tune off the top of my head. My daily driver which has a tune on it doesn't show any codes out of the normal, I was in a rush but I think it's just a glow plug code. It started and died about 10 times this morning before I had to rush to find a ride to work. It did this about 2 months ago and I never figured it out it just started up and hadn't done it since. If there was an off position being reported would it start and die, or simply not allow start up atall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Started right up after work yesterday. This morning did the same thing and didn't start. Rainy out everytime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
ive seen a loose reluctor wheel not throw a CKP code and still not start. only way we caught it was watching the sensor on the a scanner.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Its something electrical forsure. Tried to leave tonight (its dry out) and it did the samething. Now that im not in sure a hurry this time I noticed a few things. No gauges work, until after the start. They Start working right when it shuts off. Digital HVAC doesnt turn on ever. I can put the truck in what ever gear I want to without my foot on the brake when keyed acc or run position. I guess I will start poking around the fuse box for a short (ive heard of the harness rubbing the fender liner) Of the top of anyones head do they share a common ground block or anything like that?