Billet s472!

Dirtymaxx07

Jan 15, 2013
Ok, I'm really pretty set on running this turbo. Along with some 40 overs! I hear/read tuning and tc is key to spooling and towing(if needed). Any advice on this? I pull sometimes with my truck like a rzr or mud truck to the four wheeler park. A few people tell me twins or a drop in replacement. I'm really wanting to do a big single! So any help is appreciated!

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
Ok, I'm really pretty set on running this turbo. Along with some 40 overs! I hear/read tuning and tc is key to spooling and towing(if needed). Any advice on this? I pull sometimes with my truck like a rzr or mud truck to the four wheeler park. A few people tell me twins or a drop in replacement. I'm really wanting to do a big single! So any help is appreciated![/

I like my s472 and i still have stock injectors. I run a ML converter , spools fine.

Last edited:

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
S472 is vague. What really makes the difference is what turbine A/R and wheel size you go with.

I daily drive on a 0.90A/R with the 83mm wheel. In my opinion it spools faster than stock when tuned.

You will want to be careful with the 40% overs though. Thats a lot of fuel which may not be available at WOT down the track but will likely be available when the charger lights which will most definitely bend your rods.

kivetts04dmax

May 20, 2010
Boonville, MO/Pendleton, CA
I have a billet 472 w/RC but also a manual so it would be a little easier for me to tow some, I also have 40 overs..I like it just fine, it will be going into a different truck with an Allison so ill need the TCM tuned and the ECM retuned, curious to see how it does then..

I think you will be happy with it, you could tow a mud truck if it wasn't up a lot of steep hills

joegorby

Apr 12, 2012
Washington Pa
I'm running a S472 batmo 83 turbine wheel .9 a/r 45% injectors dual cp3's and suncoast 1058 converter

I pull a trailer with my ranger 900 with a fully enclosed cab every day and have no problems.

Dirtymaxx07

Jan 15, 2013
S472 is vague. What really makes the difference is what turbine A/R and wheel size you go with.

I daily drive on a 0.90A/R with the 83mm wheel. In my opinion it spools faster than stock when tuned.

You will want to be careful with the 40% overs though. Thats a lot of fuel which may not be available at WOT down the track but will likely be available when the charger lights which will most definitely bend your rods.

I figured that the 40 overs would help out?

Also my truck is just a pretty much stock lbz.

Dirtymaxx07

Jan 15, 2013
Oh and it will be the 83mm turbine with 0.9ar.... Just a random question, what's the diff in r/c and a regular cover?

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
I figured that the 40 overs would help out?

Also my truck is just a pretty much stock lbz.

the 40 overs will definitely help get the turbo spooled. But what happens when the turbo spools and all the fuel is still there.....i'll tell you, the rods exit the block. Important thing to do is tell your tuner you want the bottom end to live. Keep the torque around 1100 ft lbs and keep the hp in the upper rpm range

Dirtymaxx07

Jan 15, 2013
Yeah, def don't want that lol. I just read all the time how guys put the 366 on and say they could have gone bigger, I was looking at the 366 also, may do that if I'm not going to be able to tow with the 472. But yes, I figured the tune and converter would have a lot of place in this set up.

joegorby

Apr 12, 2012
Washington Pa
If you plan on towing more then 5k on a regular basis then I wouldn't get the 472. I can still pull my skid steer I just have to watch egt's

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
You can make more then enough power with a 366 to bend rods and crack pistons and your going to drain rail with a well tuned 366 anyways.You can always upgrade later and sell your 366.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
the 40 overs will definitely help get the turbo spooled. But what happens when the turbo spools and all the fuel is still there.....i'll tell you, the rods exit the block. Important thing to do is tell your tuner you want the bottom end to live. Keep the torque around 1100 ft lbs and keep the hp in the upper rpm range

I would keep it below 1100ftlbs but that's just me

Dirtymaxx07

Jan 15, 2013
Won't be towing that often... I wanted to do the 366, and then later on upgrade to compounds. Sounds like I may be back to doing that set up. Just was planning ahead to not having to upgrade later down the road. I see a few guys that say they love it and some that say its to much. Some guys have pulled 6k + and some guys say don't pull... Just hard to make a up my mind lol

BlkMax

Sep 1, 2008
Wasilla, AK
I just LOVE my 366, and I used it for the primary on my trips when I went bigger. My 366 with Pat's tuning was an awesome towing setup. Low EGT's the whole nine yards. When I passed the guy in the Ford going up the hill he was surprised, I would have loved to see the look on his face when he noticed the Airstream behind my truck! :roflmao:

If I had to do it over (and I just might with Emma), I would go with a T4 base 366 (the first kit was an HTT, T3), or maybe a billet 371.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
you can tow 6k perfectly fine with it. If you tow something like 10k on any sort of regular basis then get an s366, if not the s472 will be fine