billet 480 in triples

meshanic

All In Trucks
Dec 9, 2010
West Texas
That is a lot of air. I discussed a setup like that with Scott @ SDP but we were talking dedicated race truck, loose converter, lots of fuel & lots of spray outta the hole lol

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
If it is going to be a dedicated race truck I would consider triple 400s, but along the lines of 3 475s.

My junker runs tens on street tires comfortably and the setup is far from ideal.

meshanic

All In Trucks
Dec 9, 2010
West Texas
I really like the Borg Warner S400. If I was going for 10s I would go 468/87 .90 high pressure with 2 75s. That might still be overkill. That would be sweet & driveable!

NJ_LLY

Back in action
Nov 4, 2008
Browns Mills, NJ
Yeah I'm really torn. The truck will basically be a dedicated race truck but I wasn't intending on spraying it. Phil why do you say your setup isn't ideal?

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
Yeah I'm really torn. The truck will basically be a dedicated race truck but I wasn't intending on spraying it. Phil why do you say your setup isn't ideal?
Bunch of little things that reduce efficiency.
Waste gate is routed around all three turbos, so the atmos aren't making the boost that they should be, 25psi out of 80psi.
The 366s are divided housings with a non divided pipe feeding them.
The intercooler is a cheap eBay special, though it is holding the boost well.
All turbos are box cast wheels.

But it will roll the tires right off at any speed.

meshanic

All In Trucks
Dec 9, 2010
West Texas
I run all three cast S475's, atmo chargers have race covers. HP charger has a .90/83 and will be changing it out to an 87 here soon. We only have it tuned up to around 950hp right now, and I'm pretty sure it would break 1400+hp with the current setup.

I have a few questions about your setup. How does it spool on the line? I assume you're launching off a trans brake. At what da have you raced it?

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Tuning is still nowhere close enough to give an idea of spool time. It's pretty dirty for the first 50' then cleans up nice. I was supposed to get up to ATP the 25th to finally get some dyno tuning in, but won't be able to make it until after Woodburn. We've just been using a base tune.

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
Russ what is the hour in on the atmos? Phil I take it you would prefer non devided housings?
I would prefer non divided housings on my atmos. The inlet flange is non divided. I doubt it is hurting flow much but it can't be helping. If you had divided flanges then divided housings would work.