biggest nozzles on stock injectors?

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
How big of nozzles can you effectively run on stock injectors before the injector itself needs to be modified? I have 45s on the lly and if I'm gonna have over 700 hp on the stock engine I would mind at least trying to keep the pulse width down to a minimum. Probably would help stay on top of the box 75 single as well. It will have mpi dual fuelers with a sportsman and a stock cp3, other than that it's stock sticks with nozzles.

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
Mark Brovaik told me he wouldn't go over 200% overs on stock bodies because they get very finicky to tune..

Personally before I'd buy larger nozzles I'd send your injectors to exergy and have the tested. Then have them hone your nozzles to what you want.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Mark Brovaik told me he wouldn't go over 200% overs on stock bodies because they get very finicky to tune..

Personally before I'd buy larger nozzles I'd send your injectors to exergy and have the tested. Then have them hone your nozzles to what you want.

Probably not a bad idea, the unturned 45s are doing ok lol, just figured it's better to have the lower pulse with no matter the condition. I'm basically just hoping it makes it through the track days this summer. Next year I'm probably gonna be doing a build bottom end. And have everything checked out.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT

Exergy always come back as a pass. Send them to s&s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo

Maybe, might just send off the stock nozzles I have and have them hogged out, I'll have to get marks opinion he's gonna be tuning this timebomb:violin:

DangerousDuramax

Nov 3, 2006
Houston, Tx

What he said. Exergy is notorious for passing injectors that should fail and if you buy a set of theirs and it fails they will always say they found metal in it that caused the failure. No matter if they were brand new in a race truck or you ran them for thousands of miles in a daily driver. Their canned response for a bad injector is its your fault because we found metal in it. S&S makes a better product and they stand behind them. One of the S&S founders is a former Exergy engineer.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
What he said. Exergy is notorious for passing injectors that should fail and if you buy a set of theirs and it fails they will always say they found metal in it that caused the failure. No matter if they were brand new in a race truck or you ran them for thousands of miles in a daily driver. Their canned response for a bad injector is its your fault because we found metal in it. S&S makes a better product and they stand behind them. One of the S&S founders is a former Exergy engineer.

Sucks to hear that about exergy, they gotta make money but come on.

Brent@LDS

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 23, 2011
Wisconsin
We can help you here at Lincoln Diesel Specialties for your injector or nozzles needs. Also I can't agree enough about what was mentioned above!!

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania

Not true. I bought a set of really low milage lbz injectors. Only had 56k miles. Sent them to exergy. All but 3 failed. 2 are usable. I is boarder line and 5 are junk. Had little to no response. They were badly stained and heavy sludged up.

03blkdmax

Turbos are cool
Jan 23, 2016
PA
I think to guys should be quicker to pull their injectors and screw bigger nozzles on.. not that expensive and pretty easy to do