big single question

knagel

weakest link finder
Jun 4, 2007
Central, Iowa
HAHAHA I posted the wrong vid...... that was my dad with his stock LBZ reg cab. Running my tune from when I was stock. It's a hard to beat stock tune :D

Im up loading the right vid now I hope.

Mike_S

OOPS!
Nov 18, 2009
Idaho
Check the BTM table and the timing multipliers if the MAF table doesn't help.

There is something i forgot about, the brake torque limit.

First thing you need to do is go and make a log and see if what you are comanding is making it out to the engine. Many many times i have put in the tables what i want to happen only to find out that there are about a million other tables and multipliers and limiting factors that i have to modify as well to make it work how i want.

knagel

weakest link finder
Jun 4, 2007
Central, Iowa
So whats the word?

The word is ...... my whole weekend was full of baseball tournaments and I had to drive truck today, Tues and Wed. Of course we start getting busy right when I have time to work on my truck. I did have time to compare my stock engine tune MAF and the MAF on ALL the tunes I have been trying to run and they ALL ...... have the same MAF table. So hopefully the rescale will do the trick. If so, I can't believe this was overlooked by 2 top tuners. Oh well.

I will definately report back if this works once I get a chance to load it and drive. The truck hasn't been started since last August............ keep your comments to your self :eek: so hopefully the batterys are up and the fuel is good enough to make it to the shop so I can change the filter.

hopefully will know Thursday

Kev

wilsonck

May 8, 2008
Calgary, Ab
no I agree you want a big intake, but I am saying that maybe he didn't mention to the tuners that it was a 5" intake even though he said it was a bigger turbo.

So how is the response now? Did changing the maf tables help?

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
That's ok, my top tuner sold me the turbo kit with my old turbo and a 5" intake and didn't rescale the MAF table. When I was trying to figure out what was wrong he suggested I change it, real nice! I have a very similar problem trying to do staging burn outs on my slicks, it takes for ever to get the turbo lite. Hopefully some more tweaking will help both of us out.

knagel

weakest link finder
Jun 4, 2007
Central, Iowa
Well, the remap might have helped a little bit but it is still doing pretty much the same thing. I can build boost now at 1800 RPM to about 4 lbs but it still will not light until the truck gets rolling and it reaches around 2200 RPM. I am guessing a looser converter is what I will need. I am about to give up on the tuning side of things and point my finger at the converter. I also reduced the timing in the area around boosting to around -3* and decreased my pulse in those areas to around 850 with 60 overs. Do I need to drcrease timing even more?

knagel

weakest link finder
Jun 4, 2007
Central, Iowa
Nope. I think I tried it with only 1 injection pulse and I had some timing rattle when it was around 5* or so. I set it to 3 pulses (2 pre and a main) and the rattle went away