Best Water Pump?

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
We are 99% sure I spun my merchant water pump last night, Thinking I want to move to a Danville or DHD pump. Just figured I'd throw it out there and see if anyone had anything good or bad to say about either.

Dave c

Jul 7, 2013
We are 99% sure I spun my merchant water pump last night, Thinking I want to move to a Danville or DHD pump. Just figured I'd throw it out there and see if anyone had anything good or bad to say about either.

Anything thats Tig welded should be fine. DHD and Danville both make good stuff.

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
My Merchent pump broke the welds and the impeller ate into the engine block on my motor. I have a Danville pined pump and have had no problems with it.

Wake

Aug 4, 2014
Cali
I just found a coolant leak and I think its my water pump from the weep holes... was going to juat replace it with an autozone part should I be looking into something better or is it because ofthe level of mods you guys have?

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Mine came apart just gently merging onto the highway and then easy acceleration to change lanes. I'm just not sure if it had partially broken before that and just decided to come apart on the highway. The world may never know.

Dmax87

Dec 3, 2013
At what rpm are these water pumps failing. I need to replace mine but I don't plan on crazy rpm with my engine. Called oreilly auto parts an they want $65 for a new pump I don't want to go cheap here. What's your thoughts