best upgrades ?

lb7beast

Dec 16, 2012
Collinsville,AL
looking for some affordable upgrades for my stock lb7 any suggestions ? im bout to get efi live and need to build up my trans whats the best way ?

Last edited:

Fastorange

Jan 31, 2009
ohio
depends what you wanna do... ppe boost valve.. rick lance intake horn.. some decent tuning and a lift pump would be a great start.. then save for a trans

Mpsoldier

That just happened!
Mar 10, 2010
In my House
do a bd wastegate, trans, lift pump, efi live nothing over like 90 or 100hp if you dont have money right away for a built trans. intake is good for about 500hp so don't bother. if your hands on and have a decent garage you can take off your stock intake horn and ream it out dont do a hack job save you some money.

Mpsoldier

That just happened!
Mar 10, 2010
In my House
yeah hot street tune is about it 90-100hp stock lb7 with upgrade waste gate and lift pump will support 525 if not a little more but need to build trans first. you will notice a big difference with the 100hp if your planning on building the trans then go ahead run the 150 or higher but it wont last long at all. i have done it lost 3rd and 4th then swapped out transmissions was impossible to drive

lb7beast

Dec 16, 2012
Collinsville,AL
so running efi 100hp hot street tune will be okay without me builing the trans? thats all im really concerned about cause i wouldnt know were to start on building my trans. and i sure cant by a new one right now.

AubleAK

Aug 5, 2011
Glennallen, AK
so running efi 100hp hot street tune will be okay without me builing the trans? thats all im really concerned about cause i wouldnt know were to start on building my trans. and i sure cant by a new one right now.

regardless what tune you put in now, start saving for a trans. i had a 100hp tune and limped mine a gross amount of times before i built it. Any tuner you go with will be able to make you tunes that will be "safe" for your trans, but maybe not for long.

lb7beast

Dec 16, 2012
Collinsville,AL
okay thanks . so either way its gonna choke in the end having more torque stressing on it right. so will i need to buy just a new converter or a whole kit.

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Build your transmission from the start.
Here's what will happen, for me anyway; :rofl:

1. You'll get EFI live, boost valve, lift pump, stock tranny safet tunes, etc.
2. Drive around for awhile in your lower tune and becareful on your higher tune.
3. You'll start looking at different turbo's because you want more, while you've probably slipped your transmission at least a hand full of times.
4. You won't have the money to do both and realize you should have built your transmission from the start. :D

I would build it from the start before you start spending money on add on's
Just my advice,

Yellowchevy

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
Build your transmission from the start.
Here's what will happen, for me anyway; :rofl:

1. You'll get EFI live, boost valve, lift pump, stock tranny safet tunes, etc.
2. Drive around for awhile in your lower tune and becareful on your higher tune.
3. You'll start looking at different turbo's because you want more, while you've probably slipped your transmission at least a hand full of times.
4. You won't have the money to do both and realize you should have built your transmission from the start. :D

I would build it from the start before you start spending money on add on's
Just my advice,

Yellowchevy

X2.....

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
A stock tune on a built trans??? Good luck selling a set of used stock clutches, so you might as well burn them up first :rofl: