Best stainless brake lines

B1 596

Dmax rods cost how much..
Apr 30, 2010
Hudson N.H.
My 05's brake lines finally gave up after 14 years of Northeast winters and started leaking through. Which pre-bent stainless brake lines kits fit the best ? real world experiences are appreciated ....

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
I used Inline Tube and am very happy with the fit of their pre-bent stainless lines. I live in the Northeast and talked to several mechanics who have used the coated lines from NAPA as well as the upgraded replacements from GM. They say those lines holds up well, but if they gets scratched (like at the retainer clips) they rust out fairly quickly. I decided to spend the few extra pennies and go stainless. 4 years later they still look great.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Got mine from Summit also, Dorman SS kit.

Fit was OK, not the greatest, but there's only so much you can do with a 20ft line when it's one piece. I would suggest cutting the front right line to make install easier, and I would also drop the fuel tank $.02

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
Got mine from Summit also, Dorman SS kit.

Fit was OK, not the greatest, but there's only so much you can do with a 20ft line when it's one piece. I would suggest cutting the front right line to make install easier, and I would also drop the fuel tank $.02

I had my bed off at the time, the one that goes over it would be tougher without the bed or tank off.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Just leave the cover over the end of the line and fish it thru to the rear.

2x having a two-piece RF line. I used the inline tube kit. I found that the stainless were kind of a pain to get to seal correctly at the ABS module, but finally got it done.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH

2x having a two-piece RF line. I used the inline tube kit. I found that the stainless were kind of a pain to get to seal correctly at the ABS module, but finally got it done.

Oh I fished mine through the back, but wasn't fun with the offset bends. I had no issues getting mine to seal the first time, but have heard of problems with the EZ bend line getting a true sealing surface after it's flared

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland

I had the same problems. I had to tighten the crap out of them to get them to stop leaking

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Yeah, I found I had to tighten, back off then tighten again (and maybe a third time) until they settled in. Stainless is a very hard material.

Dkatubi06

Dec 30, 2015
The stainless kits are verity the money in the end. After about 15 sets, I’ve found it’s best to unbolt the abs module thread the lines on then re-bolt it back on, then tighten the line nuts.

Just made it easier to get them set in place by un bolting it