L5P Best Riding Shock

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
The guy stopped tonight for me to look at it and they had the 3" 'lift' cranked to max. I lowered the keys almost the entire way for him to try it and he reported back that it's a lot better. I also noticed his 2018 no longer has the steering damper bracket tabs on the frame. I know earlier lml's had them. A quick search brought up a bds kit that includes a bolt on bracket with the damper.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
No need for dampner with digital steering. He will need a true lift for it ride good. I did the ready lift stafe 4 on my 15 & 16 with great results. Just make sure you go fox for shocks, my ranchos rode terrible in comparison. Just an FYI...

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
If you want a good ride you need to address other items than just the keys. I use Suspension Max Cam keys and change the upper a arms. Once that’s done and you will spend around 900 bucks plus labors if you can’t do it yourself it will ride good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
I understand that his kit is just a glorified leveling kit. It is one of those tuff country kits with the upper control arms and replacement shocks. I am just trying to help him out to see if it can be adjusted to ride suitably for him without him just taking it right back off. And after lowering it almost the entire way, he seems satisfied with it.
I was looking for people's experiences with shocks whether or not he kept this leveling kit or not. It's something he can consider to maybe improve the ride even more.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
so it has stock shocks or upgraded shocks with the kit? if its stock shocks with extenders that's the biggest issue, I've never seen a stock shock compare to aftermarket. if i'm not mistaken gm uses Rancho on the stock 16-18's but the one they throw on is garbage in comparison to the same brand aftermarket. and yes fox will ride better than rancho but you're paying extra for that and if your customer is already unhappy throwing a lot more money at it will just make him unhappier

also as stated already don't even mes with the stabilizer, they are completely worthless on any GMT-800/900 truck

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
so it has stock shocks or upgraded shocks with the kit? if its stock shocks with extenders that's the biggest issue, I've never seen a stock shock compare to aftermarket. if i'm not mistaken gm uses Rancho on the stock 16-18's but the one they throw on is garbage in comparison to the same brand aftermarket. and yes fox will ride better than rancho but you're paying extra for that and if your customer is already unhappy throwing a lot more money at it will just make him unhappier
They ditched the stock ranchos and put tuff country all the way around. No extenders.

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
$4K on wheels?!? $8K on shocks and springs?!? :doh:

That’s a guys tobacco and beer money for year, and I don’t use either anymore so lord giveth lord taketh away
The 4K that is

If you’re spend 8k on beer and smokes your gonna spend a lot more on a transplant one day!

LI16LML

Run till destruct
Feb 2, 2018
Long Island NY
Anyone have any reviews or thoughts on the Fabtech 3 inch “lift” kit woth the fort logic shocks with resivoirs??? Was thinking of getting that for my 2016 but don’t want a horrible ride since I daily drive my truck.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Anyone have any reviews or thoughts on the Fabtech 3 inch “lift” kit woth the fort logic shocks with resivoirs??? Was thinking of getting that for my 2016 but don’t want a horrible ride since I daily drive my truck.

All that is is a glorified leveling kit with some fancy shocks. Gonna ride like crap and wear stuff out. If you want a lift to level it for slightly bigger tires go 4 inch and back your torsion bars off to get the desired height. Look at cognito lifts

Daboot162

Jul 19, 2017
If you want a good ride you need to address other items than just the keys. I use Suspension Max Cam keys and change the upper a arms. Once that’s done and you will spend around 900 bucks plus labors if you can’t do it yourself it will ride good.

This.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
2014 with 89000 miles got in has a 7-9" cognito and has 2 fox shocks with the seals blown. No idea how long they've been on. In my experience, pretty near 50% of the aftermarket shocks i see either have the bushings completely wore out or is leaking oil bad.
ed8cca971cc3bc46cdc2878785b2dda5.jpg

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
2014 with 89000 miles got in has a 7-9" cognito and has 2 fox shocks with the seals blown. No idea how long they've been on. In my experience, pretty near 50% of the aftermarket shocks i see either have the bushings completely wore out or is leaking oil bad.
ed8cca971cc3bc46cdc2878785b2dda5.jpg

I have a couple friends that ran them... Same thing on there's too. But fox did warranty them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk