L5P Best Riding Shock

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
If you are referring to newer truck as 16-17 they probably have rancho but they are a factory shock and built nowhere near the standards as the aftermarket rancho so keep that in mind, that being said I went to rancho 9000's from billstien a few years back and will never get anything else, billstien's ride like bricks, they are garbage imo

There might be other options out there but nothing that's going to beat the rancho price and still be competitive. Rancho also does a buy 3 get 4th free deal in March every year so keep that in mind.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
BDS coilover front end and fox 3 tube bypass shocks in the rear with custom deaver u182 leaf springs. truck will ride like a caddy :D

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Have a customer that had someone install a tuff country 3" 'lift' and he's complaining of a harsh ride. I think he got the kit that comes with shocks too.
I have yet to see the truck, I'm betting they have the keys cranked. I'm just wandering which shocks will help if they're needed.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Have a customer that had someone install a tuff country 3" 'lift' and he's complaining of a harsh ride. I think he got the kit that comes with shocks too.
I have yet to see the truck, I'm betting they have the keys cranked. I'm just wandering which shocks will help if they're needed.

thats just a leveling kit, its going to ride rough.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
thats just a leveling kit, its going to ride rough.
I'm aware of that. Why I said 'Lift'. I have yet to see the truck to see if the keys can be let down to improve it or if we need an actual lift. And I'm trying to figure out a shock option if we can keep his kit.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I'm aware of that. Why I said 'Lift'. I have yet to see the truck to see if the keys can be let down to improve it or if we need an actual lift. And I'm trying to figure out a shock option if we can keep his kit.

you are going to get a whole lot of opinions on trucks that dont have this kit, wont mean much till you get the truck in hand and can actually go over it and get us more info ;) :D

joshd472

Oct 10, 2016
I had Ranchos and really liked them but with him being cranked up 3" there is not much that is going to help.