Best Programmer

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
how many miles to the gallon is blows?:rolleyes: efi live will help mileage for sure if you can keep you foot out of it but you may have a mechanical issue effecting your mileage

white-duramax

Jul 9, 2009
14 MPG doing 75-80 with cruze thats what I mean by blows. What kind of mechanical problems whoud cause shity fuel mileage?:confused:

white-duramax

Jul 9, 2009
Right now I am running 285-75 R16 lookin at 285-50 R20. I would like to get at leas 20MPG. I guess I just dont know what is average.

white-duramax

Jul 9, 2009
I drove mine 150 miles cruze set at 78 MPH got 14.2 MPG. Then fueled up and drove 120 miles no cruze at 55 to 65 MPH and then 60 more miles with cruze set at 78 MPH and got 20.1 MPG found that a little weird. :rolleyes: But love the 20 MPG mark! :happy2:

Har

Jun 23, 2018
New Jersey
I apologize for bumping...just my two cents...

I have the hypertech max energy and im not really impressed with it. the main thing to realize is that no matter what programmer you get, you wont see results from a gas motor like you would a diesel. i have also heard that Diablo predator like this types https://mechanicguides.com/best-diesel-tuner-for-6-7-cummins/ is really good. it allows a little more custom settings plus the ability to reduce the torque management. that seems to be the big thing to get a better "feel" out of the truck because it helps reduce that "delayed" feeling when you hit the gas. but it does state that reducing or eliminating the TM can cause additional wear and tear on the drivtrain. the hypertech did give me about a .5-1mpg but it really wasnt worth $380.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Way back in the day, Hypertech was considered the worst tuner you could put on your truck. That was followed closely by BullyDog. All they were really good for was changing tire size.

Diablosport, Quadzilla, PPE were the better units. Halfway decent tuning for handheld canned stuff.

Stacking handhelds and boxes (like an Edge) was common back then, too. Quad/HotJuice was very popular.

Any of you remember Pat's "Triple Stack of Doom"? It was ugly, but it worked.

All of this is moot in the age of EFILive, though.

Last edited: