best option to modify exhaust?

gardee

Jul 28, 2011
I just purchased an 07" LBZ. I want to modify the exhaust, what system is very good and can I remove the catalytic converter?
If the turbo starts the whinning noise shouldn't the down-pipe be changed?

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Depends on what you want to spend really most of them have the option to remove the cat. The best is probably MBRP in stainless with its life time warranty.

gardee

Jul 28, 2011
If I remove the cat, what are my options to get rid of the trouble code light? will doing this make the turbo whine loudly, if so what can I do to quite it?:confused:

BlkMax

Sep 1, 2008
Wasilla, AK
I do not think the cat will throw a code, but removing the DPF will.

You will need EFILive, or some other download tuner to change the tables to remove the trouble code.

I would recommend getting EFILive from a reputable tuner....it should come with some moderate tunes and will give you more flexibility in the future. :D

As for the whine, I am not sure what you are asking about????

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
You should not have any codes as it is an LBZ not and LMM. All you have is a DOC (CAT) and NO DPF.

MBRP in stainless with a front pipe and you should be good to go.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
LBZ code sometime so you will just have to see. If it does you will need a
"finger stick" which will block the codes or a tuner that can disable it. Changing the exhaust is going to make it louder and wine more nothing you can do about that. The best muffler for quite is the Hushpipe IIRC.