LB7: best injectors

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
To my knowledge, with the injectors still in the truck the only way you could possibly tell is by installing efi live and playing with the pulse width table?

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
they one of 2 dealers that have the best equiptment in the country. No markings or numbers, only way to tell if they arent stock size (accuratly) is have them flowed.

magnethead494

go fast crew chief
Dec 29, 2013
Fort Worth, Republic of Texas
So $400 per injector with core charge ($3200) and $250 without ($2,000) from exergy, assuming that our truck is untuned and has stock injectors.

We still need somebody with EFI Live to plug in and see if it is in fact tuned, as if so I'm pretty inclined to guess that we're going to be up injector creek.

ThebigGids

Jun 13, 2011
Bellingham, wa
So $400 per injector with core charge ($3200) and $250 without ($2,000) from exergy, assuming that our truck is untuned and has stock injectors.

We still need somebody with EFI Live to plug in and see if it is in fact tuned, as if so I'm pretty inclined to guess that we're going to be up injector creek.
What? You can get them flow tested for well under a grand. I know they do baseline flow tests for 50$ an injector. Why don't you call them man.

Also, why do you think it has bigger injectors? Can you not talk to the prevouis owner?

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
care to elaborate?

That was just an idea. If it were to have 40 overs I would think you'd be able to tell (after some hours spent trying) by the pulse width. You'd plug in a stock pulse table with no other tune alterations and see how it runs. Just my idea.

WI Huck

Where does the time go?
Feb 8, 2012
I don't see a FAQ section of any sort, so I will ask. What are the best source/brands of injectors? How can we tell if we have stock flow injectors or overs/what % overseas if so?

Best for what? What are your plans and goals for the truck? For the vast majority of people out there that are not planning on spending money on the transmission to handle big power, stock injectors are the best. Bosch remanufactured injectors are the "Best". Exergy is great for larger size injectors and I believe they have stock injectors also. There are many Bosch shops around that can sell you stock injectors. We sell the Bosch LB7's for $272 each.

magnethead494

go fast crew chief
Dec 29, 2013
Fort Worth, Republic of Texas
What? You can get them flow tested for well under a grand. I know they do baseline flow tests for 50$ an injector. Why don't you call them man.

Also, why do you think it has bigger injectors? Can you not talk to the prevouis owner?
Bought it at a dealership. No info on PO. It has the big-head wastegate, boost & EGT gauges, a 52 gallon underbed tank, adjustable shocks on all 4 corners, and 2 add-aleafs in back, that we have found so far. I wouldn't be surprised if it was tuned, as it seems to be set up for power & monitoring that power.