Battery Relocate Tips

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Putting my batteries in the back of my truck. How does everyone run the wires? Also have to do a cut off switch. Was thinking of running one big wire down passenger side right to starter. Then another one down the drivers side to a junction box for factory fuse box, electric fans, lift pump, and trans cooler fan. This is all new to me. Does the cut off switch just need to kill engine or all power to front of truck?

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
Putting my batteries in the back of my truck. How does everyone run the wires? Also have to do a cut off switch. Was thinking of running one big wire down passenger side right to starter. Then another one down the drivers side to a junction box for factory fuse box, electric fans, lift pump, and trans cooler fan. This is all new to me. Does the cut off switch just need to kill engine or all power to front of truck?

Normally a kill switch will kill all power.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I run welding cable from my switch in my bumper to the starter to make sure I didn't have much amp loss. Yes needs to kill both battery power and alternator, or else it will back feed and stay running off of it.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Do you just use a 4 post and run your alternator charger wire to it? Basically run 2 cables for it and starter?

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
You can either run a double pole switch, or run your alternator output wire back to the battery side of the switch. Then when you hit the switch, the battery stays charging for a second (engine is still rotating), but the ECU and everything else turns off so it dies.