Question: battary relocation??

Lb7KID

ZoomZoom
Jan 24, 2010
parker,colo
i have a crew cab long bed. i would like to put to yellow top 900cca in the bed under the tool box in a costom box. my ???? is how long should the batt cables be? i was just wondering if any one has done this can maybe help me out a little bit thanks.

Lb7KID

ZoomZoom
Jan 24, 2010
parker,colo
honest becouse im bored!! haha the state took my licens so cant drive till july. i got the yellow gell tops for free from work but they are for semi trucks there fo to big to fit in the stoke spot and i really would like to clean up the engen bay for futer fun. i really wanna move the ficm an the fuel filter. like i said bored:D

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
guess I can't help ya then. I was gonna suggest a van battery box outside the frame but they probably wouldn't fit there either

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I can help but consider this

If you move the battery from stock location you will be bumped into pro street division if you go to any diesel event and you will need a battery kill switch on your bumper if you want to take it to the track.

if you do move it to the box keep the cable as thick as possible for best results,Welding calbe as in 1 awg is the best;)

Lb7KID

ZoomZoom
Jan 24, 2010
parker,colo
oh my yea i would die in that class im sure of it seeing on how iv never been to a real race or a track i really wont to show up to diesel on the montain at bandmare this aug i belive it is try it out so look like no batt move for me just yet thanks for the info. glad i got told that be for i showed up to a race an look even more like a fool:rofl:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I dont want to deter you from running at the track!

if you are not at a diesel event you dont need to worrie about pro street

but you will need a shut off on the bumper:D

Lb7KID

ZoomZoom
Jan 24, 2010
parker,colo
im gunna run in the diesel events:) it all i can think about need to get the truck alot better for sure thats why im thinking aug. but i dont think i wont to jump right in at the pro street level being suck a rookie. if that makes any since haha