Batmo wheel

bigjohn

GMC Dmax
Oct 13, 2012
Westview Pa
These batmo wheel what type a power does it make and can it be put in the factory turbo. I see that people talk about them and just curios it would be worth buying. I seen the wheel sold for 399.00 so if it can be put in the factory turbo housing does anybody know how much it would cost to be installed. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

brandon06dmax

the reckoning
Apr 29, 2013
jactionville nc
if u have a built trans egr delete and max effort tuning u could be running 550-565hp but if it were me id save my money for a real turbo upgrade unless u plan on twining

rickettzusaf

Nov 30, 2011
Goldsboro, NC
It's whistles more, spools slightly faster and I have dynoed 556/1102 at sea level. I'm further inland when I run at the track. I ran a 12.63 @ 105 on 20's weight at 6880 with me in it which according to the calculator is 539 rwhp. If you never plan on upgrading the factory turbo or plan to twin off the stocker, I would do it. But if you plan to upgrade the stocker, then don't waste the money.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I was wondering about this as well. mainly for the spool up. what kind of power can you make twinning the stocker with the batmo installed?

mamu

Mar 14, 2010
arkansas
My turbo spools much quicker than before. And it seems like it flows quite a bit more air. Defiantly a seat of the pants difference.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
seeing is how my truck is a manual. I loose that boost and have to slightly respool at each shift. I think this would just make a world of a difference on a manual truck. anyone know power levels of a twin setup with a stocker with the batmo? of course it would be based on other mods. what kind of power could it support though?

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I already have injectors and a lot of other mods. spool is such a huge factor in a manual just for daily driving. I could see buying one but at the same time I could see going in the complete other direction and getting a huge single lol.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
seeing is how my truck is a manual. I loose that boost and have to slightly respool at each shift. I think this would just make a world of a difference on a manual truck. anyone know power levels of a twin setup with a stocker with the batmo? of course it would be based on other mods. what kind of power could it support though?

The wheel isnt gunna help you keep boost. your gunna fall off boost regardless but it will help a tiny bit in getting boost back. i am runnin a batmowheel in my twin setup in the stock charger. its mixed whether i like it or not till i get more time towing with it and some info back from anthony on here

With stock injectors I don't c why 640-660 isn't a realality

:roflmao::roflmao: yeah never gunna happen with just running a batmowheel in a stock charger.

I think the 400 can be better spent somewhere else....

exactly.

im running a batmowheel in my stock charger that has also had a port and polish with a big brother s475 off to the side. at this point, im seeing more gains from the port and polish sending more air through the turbine to the big charger. the batmowheel helped spool up and it whistles a hell of a lot more. Where im not so sure its helping is under high RPM and high boost. egt's are higher there it seems but i may have compounding issues that are causing this, so its a nill point till i fix some other issues i have.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
im running a batmowheel in my stock charger that has also had a port and polish with a big brother s475 off to the side. at this point, im seeing more gains from the port and polish sending more air through the turbine to the big charger. the batmowheel helped spool up and it whistles a hell of a lot more. Where im not so sure its helping is under high RPM and high boost. egt's are higher there it seems but i may have compounding issues that are causing this, so its a nill point till i fix some other issues i have.

Good info James. Have been thinking of having Russ do some magic to my stocker before I add the big brother. Or maybe ditch the stocker and do a 364 with the big brother. My egt's are high, might be due to tuning though.

Did you get your 480 conversion finished?

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Good info James. Have been thinking of having Russ do some magic to my stocker before I add the big brother. Or maybe ditch the stocker and do a 364 with the big brother. My egt's are high, might be due to tuning though.

Did you get your 480 conversion finished?

his porting and polishing is well worth it IMHO. its woke my setup up quite a bit. i had to gate the smaller charger down some more cause it was pushing my big charger more at WOT than it should have been due to the extra flow.

not yet. the guy i was going to have cut the back plate was out of town last week. he back in now so i have time between putting the new coils on my coilovers and cutting/plating the firewall for tire clearance, ill have him do it this week.

He asked about what the stock charger with the batmo in a twin setup would produce. Not the stocker/batmo by itself:hug:

it wont make much of a difference over a normal stocker twin setup. spool up and noise will be the only thing worth noting.

brandon06dmax

the reckoning
Apr 29, 2013
jactionville nc
it wont make much of a difference over a normal stocker twin setup. spool up and noise will be the only thing worth noting

I read some testing done and people have gained 25-40hp from them and if it allows the stock charger to flow more I don't c why it wouldnt help but if u have one in your twin your the subject matter expert it would be awesome if a larger shop would do a test no change to tune and run a cast,billet, batmo,double bat, and tct

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I tried to get base line numbers on a dyno prior to swapping turbos but the dude could t load the dyno right and said the truck made 500hp on the race tune. That's just a weeeeee bit off according to track times lol.

Like I say, until I get a few things square away like my intercooler, few wastegate adjustments and some thermostats, ill know where the truck and wheel stands. The part that is most choked on a stock twinned setup is the turbine side so worrying about it feeding more through there isn't the thing to look at quite yet