Bad Water Pumps

Gasuout

Johnny
Mar 20, 2008
Santa Ana , Ca.
I chose the napa as a last resort after seeing the gear issue on all the ac/delco pumps we looked at and 2 doing the same thing and 1 having the gear pull off the shaft it is pressed on too . 1st pump did that to me 300 miles from home also . Metal in the oil on the second after 600 miles listening to it whirl . That wasnt cool either on my new motor . The second pump had severe wear right in the middle of the gear teeth on pump

I was done with it and the dealer and bought the rebuilt napa pump and tore it down again right away that day . Getting good at water pumps . Anybody need one done ...call me :D

Trouble solved and all good now . No noise and 2000 mile later all good .

How wierd this whole ordeal was . Didint help the dealer leaving my balancer bolt loose on the first one and my balancer spinning on the crank . Had enough of that kind of stuff too . My friend is a excellent mechanic and it happens to the best . But that sucked !

I work on my truck now and not the dealer . After 3 days of waiting and then going down to find my truck with air hammered and pryed on balancer still stuck on my crank half way off siezed on . I figured I would just do all my own stuff from here forward . Just gets done right by me .

Kinda already did all my own work on truck anyways .

It was my friends first time a balancer had spun , and mine too .

And the last time it would ever happen either . If you want it done right ..... do it yourself .

It killed me when it spun and would wish it on no one . Sucked !

I was going down the freeway at 3000 going into 5th and bam .... shook like you wouldnt believe . On my new motor at that with 1000 miles on it .

Not cool at all . Thats how the broken crank I have , got that way . Sheered pin on crank . Broke crank right behind rod journal #2 cylinder . Same block in my truck now from broken crank prior . From friend I got the motor .

When doing a water pump .... getting the crank balancer bolt torqued proper is the most important thing to do period . Some say replace bolt everytime .

Johnny