Bad flex plate? Torque Converter?

bigboytoy426

Jun 30, 2012
grand rapids michigan
Got another problem with my 01 dmax. First i bought it with bad injectors but those were fixed by the dealership free to me ($4100 according to them), then two weeks ago the water pump went out ($610) witch looked more difficult to do then the normal gasser pickup. Now finally invesigated a slight knock that i couldnt tell if it was normal diesel sound or not. Just crawled under and were the tranny hooks up to the motor it has a knock, like its dieseling. It threw me off because it sounds like its coming from motor by the fire wall from inside unless you stick your head by the floor you can hear it. Whats your guys input? I know pretty close to nothing about tranny's and my warranty expires this saturday!!!! lol i just want to have a argument if they say its " normal " just to get me out past my warranty. They already lost there ass on this truck because of the injectors im sure. 121,000 miles im goin to ask about the 3rd gear shift flare while im there.. truck also has a wierd idle, almost like the a/c compressor is kicking on even if everything is off. Heard that could be flex plate related also.. you guys would make a killing off me if you charged for your answers LOL

bigboytoy426

Jun 30, 2012
grand rapids michigan
yea its goin in tomorrow under warranty..hopefully they dont give me the run around because i dont have the slighest clue when it comes to trannys.. how easy is it to access the bolts?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
yea its goin in tomorrow under warranty..hopefully they dont give me the run around because i dont have the slighest clue when it comes to trannys.. how easy is it to access the bolts?

PIA
Gotta pull the starter, get a 4'ish long 1/2" drive extension with a wobble head socket on the end and a big ratchet or torq wrench to tighten them.
It's a sucky job.

Sledheadxp800r

That was only my tow tune
Dec 13, 2010
CT
PIA
Gotta pull the starter, get a 4'ish long 1/2" drive extension with a wobble head socket on the end and a big ratchet or torq wrench to tighten them.
It's a sucky job.

It's not that bad. It's only 2 bolts to get the starter out.

bigboytoy426

Jun 30, 2012
grand rapids michigan
It just has a knock that can be heard from under the truck and at idol from inside the cab..I also have .5 secod delay between 2nd and 3rd and they said that was normal do to the torque of the motor? I posted that problem on here and was told to change fuel filter and I did. It helped but the delay is there but shifts a little better. Haven't tried a tranny relearn. They said and hicups in the tranny would throw a code..hopefully there right because I'm down:roflmao: to the final hours of my warranty