B&B tech question

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida
Todd, Steve

Are yall doing anything to the motor to keep it from breaking motor mounts. I have broke a couple while pulling and nick has broke everytime he has hooked to the sled also. Any suggestions??

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida
Todd, Steve

Are yall doing anything to the motor to keep it from breaking motor mounts. I have broke a couple while pulling and nick has broke everytime he has hooked to the sled also. Any suggestions??

Still have my originals. I must not be making enough hp to break them. Guess I better turn it up a little :D
I have seen some solid ones built. I really didn't pay attention that close though. I think I remember they were posted onthe DP though.

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida
Still have my originals. I must not be making enough hp to break them. Guess I better turn it up a little :D
I have seen some solid ones built. I really didn't pay attention that close though. I think I remember they were posted onthe DP though.

Now we just have killer torque lol j/k I think my biggest problem was all the strain from high range. I dont no whats wrong with nicks i didnt no if yall where somehow tieing the motor to the frame. Its always the left side we seem to break. :eek:

Ben46a

Wannabe puller
Sep 4, 2006
Waverley, NS, Canada
When you put a new mount in next time put a bolt right through the steel and the rubber, and put a permatorque (pinched) nut on it so it wont come loose.

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
What about the ones I did at MA for NG? If anyone's interested I'll dig a set out and give you the particulars.;)

Last edited:

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida
I didn't get any pictures. I was still in shock that I was meeting all these people I only read about. I was really blown away I got to work on Erics, Keiths & Landons trucks like they were my own :D I forgot all about pictures, the mounts would have been ok (no offense Rick) but the picture I wish I had was Landon crashing the golf cart INSIDE of Eric's shop. :eek: :D

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
I'm pretty sure MOST of you guys were drinking!!;)

I'll see if I can dig a set out tomorrow.