Avalanche body on Duramax frame wiring

triggerdcrusader

Dec 16, 2022
Hey Guys! A lot of posts here have been great help to me, but I need more tailored information from the seasoned and learned members of this forum.
I am putting a 2012 Avalanche on a 2006 Duramax rolling chassis, but I'm unsure about the compatibility of the body modules to the Duramax ECM.

I found this page courtesy of @duratothemax and it was helpful but mostly beyond my still basic understanding. I understand that the avalanche runs GMLAN for powertrain, but a low speed GMLAN similar to the dmax Class 2 for body modules. So my thinking is, there should be a way to marry the two together in sweet harmony ;) .
So I should be able to use all the dmax ECM, TCM, gauge cluster and fuse boxes, and have it play nice with anything still in the avalanche cab. if anyone has experience around this topic I'd love to chat so I don't end up making a mess of things.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
When you say 06 chassis, your meaning LLY correct?

If so, hat makes it a bit more difficult, would require the BCM be from a LLY truck also.

If early LBZ, you could easily upgrade to a LMM year ECM and pretty much plugNplay the chassis swap.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
That one I'll have to check for ya.. But easy upgrade if any. Few pin changes to engine harness between lbz/lmm, but then your smooth sailing with everything running high speed GMlan.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Spoke with a buddy today and ya should be OK with the LBZ tcm. MAF is different on LMM, and check MAP pinout and sensor Bar rating also. I recall those 2 being only things slightly different between LBZ and LMM on the stand alone builds I've done. Once ya get the ECM up to full GMLAN, then rest should be super simple to get everything talking happily

triggerdcrusader

Dec 16, 2022
Thanks for the info! That's much simpler than I thought. I'll look into the ECM, and I'll figure something out.
Hey, dumb question, I know what you mean by MAF and MAP, but I don't know exactly what you mean by sensor bar 😬. Nothing consistent shows up on google when I search for it.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Thanks for the info! That's much simpler than I thought. I'll look into the ECM, and I'll figure something out.
Hey, dumb question, I know what you mean by MAF and MAP, but I don't know exactly what you mean by sensor bar 😬. Nothing consistent shows up on google when I search for it.
He is referring to is the Bar Rating of the sensor. Bar is a measurement of pressure.