Auto-resize pictures

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
On the old server, this forum would automatically scale down pictures that were larger than the maximum allowed size. This was very handy from phones, which usually make it really hard to resize pictures.

Can we get that feature back? Because what is happening now is 10% of the time, people resize the pictures (me and a couple others), 25% of people upload the photos to an image sharing site (which means they will be gone in a few years, this is bad IMO), 5% are fixed by TheBac :spit:, and everyone else just gives up and/or complains.

So, here I am complaining. :rofl: Mostly because there is some cool stuff happening that people are giving up on uploading, and now I don't get to see it.

Can we get the auto-resize back?

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Unrelated, the : baby : :)baby:) and : yup : :)yup:) smilies don't work for me. They appear to point to 0-byte files?

Aaaand some examples:
I'm having issues with posting pictures on this site, they all have to be zoomed in and close up, losing interest in this site.
Well I can't seem to load a pic from my phone.
it's saying pictures failed to upload. Not sure why, I'm doing it the same way as I've always done it.
i can send pics on request, i cannot upload pics.
That's just a couple from the last day or two.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Test phone pic from webpage..

Said image failed.. I'm not sure how big it is thoigh..

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
It was a JPEG . Pic I took with my phone . I tried again where I cropped it but left it slightly bigger and it finally took it . It's my avatar pic .

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Super easy to set up photo bucket, upload to it, copy image URL and paste link in thread. Very easy, no resize or anything

Can you convince MattKatz to create one? :roflmao: Note to self: Amazon picture hosting isnt worth the hassle.