Attention Ben!!!!!!

PANCHORFO

Aug 23, 2009
I need an answer ben, had been waiting for my harness a lot of time, last time we talked you said that is done.
Any number to talk to you ?
I'm in a rush and need it with urgency

HEEPJEEP

<--- Solid Axle "Leveled"
Mar 26, 2009
NH
Hurricane Irene went through his area and destroyed a lot of stuff. I know most of that area of CT will be STILL be without power for AT LEAST another week. Just an update.

Odyssey25013

DF Regect
Nov 9, 2010
CT
Hurricane Irene went through his area and destroyed a lot of stuff. I know most of that area of CT will be STILL be without power for AT LEAST another week. Just an update.

It's been 7 days without power and I just got it back tonight. Ben is out in the boondocks. He still doesnt have any power

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Yeah sorry I disappeared again guys...I left for Scheids on Wednesday and came back to a complete mess. 12 hour drive out there...But It took me and Juddski 30 hours to get home because due to the hurricane and severe damage, the state of New York closed EVERY state-owned bridge and EVERY interstate highway. Bridges were being taken out right and left by houses/debris floating down the overflowed rivers. There was LITERALLY no physical way to get from new york to massachusetts, vermont, connecticut, or new jersey. I know that sounds crazy, but Juddski and I drove around New York for 8 hours trying to find a way out. We even went down back gravel roads through the woods, etc.. Finally found a way out. New York had funneled every single car from ALL of the interstates onto ONE town road. Traffic was backed up on that ONE road for miles. It took us over 4 hours to travel just 5 miles.

Then of course I came home to no power, no internet etc... Even all of the gas stations were closed so I really wasnt even able to drive places. The select few gas stations that were open had a $20 limit, which doesnt go far in either my truck (~18mpg with expensive diesel) or my S4 (~17mpg and needs premium).

Since we are out in the middle of nowhere we were one of the last towns in the state to get power back, no [well] water, nothing!!! We finally got power back just over a week after we lost it, and didnt have internet for almost another 2 days after that. I saw many power/utility/tree-service trucks working around here that were from as far west as Colorado! Connecticut Light&Power literally had fleets of workers and trucks coming from all over the country and it still took us over a week to get power back...there was that much damage.

Then I had mountains of work and projects/jobs I had to catch up on due to sitting on my hands all week with no power...so I literally havent been on any forums until now that ive gotten all caught up with work/jobs/etc here.

Ive been in communication with Francisco, and his harness is on the way.

Everyone else, I will spend the next couple hours returning PM's, getting online orders together etc...

Again I apologize... :eek:

oh and then to top it all off, a couple days ago I drove through a big puddle (still have a huge amount of rain here) on a main road in my S4...sucked up some water, hydrolocked it and threw a rod. Due to the fact that freighting a new engine (4.2 V8) over from Germany and installing it will exceed the value of the whole car, insurance will most likely total it. Sucks because I would have rather my duramax blow up 5 times over than the S4 blowing up. I really liked that car. Nothing like a simple/sleeper-looking audi A4 with a big V8, manual trans, all wheel drive, huge-ass brakes, tight suspension, and Recaro seats that look like they belong in a jet fighter or a space ship.

I know, I know...I have the best luck with everything. :rolleyes:

Ben

Dec 2, 2006
TN
Yeah sorry I disappeared again guys...I left for Scheids on Wednesday and came back to a complete mess. 12 hour drive out there...But It took me and Juddski 30 hours to get home because due to the hurricane and severe damage, the state of New York closed EVERY state-owned bridge and EVERY interstate highway. Bridges were being taken out right and left by houses/debris floating down the overflowed rivers. There was LITERALLY no physical way to get from new york to massachusetts, vermont, connecticut, or new jersey. I know that sounds crazy, but Juddski and I drove around New York for 8 hours trying to find a way out. We even went down back gravel roads through the woods, etc.. Finally found a way out. New York had funneled every single car from ALL of the interstates onto ONE town road. Traffic was backed up on that ONE road for miles. It took us over 4 hours to travel just 5 miles.

Then of course I came home to no power, no internet etc... Even all of the gas stations were closed so I really wasnt even able to drive places. The select few gas stations that were open had a $20 limit, which doesnt go far in either my truck (~18mpg with expensive diesel) or my S4 (~17mpg and needs premium).

Since we are out in the middle of nowhere we were one of the last towns in the state to get power back, no [well] water, nothing!!! We finally got power back just over a week after we lost it, and didnt have internet for almost another 2 days after that. I saw many power/utility/tree-service trucks working around here that were from as far west as Colorado! Connecticut Light&Power literally had fleets of workers and trucks coming from all over the country and it still took us over a week to get power back...there was that much damage.

Then I had mountains of work and projects/jobs I had to catch up on due to sitting on my hands all week with no power...so I literally havent been on any forums until now that ive gotten all caught up with work/jobs/etc here.

Ive been in communication with Francisco, and his harness is on the way.

Everyone else, I will spend the next couple hours returning PM's, getting online orders together etc...

Again I apologize... :eek:

oh and then to top it all off, a couple days ago I drove through a big puddle (still have a huge amount of rain here) on a main road in my S4...sucked up some water, hydrolocked it and threw a rod. Due to the fact that freighting a new engine (4.2 V8) over from Germany and installing it will exceed the value of the whole car, insurance will most likely total it. Sucks because I would have rather my duramax blow up 5 times over than the S4 blowing up. I really liked that car. Nothing like a simple/sleeper-looking audi A4 with a big V8, manual trans, all wheel drive, huge-ass brakes, tight suspension, and Recaro seats that look like they belong in a jet fighter or a space ship.

I know, I know...I have the best luck with everything. :rolleyes:

Ben

You are really the most unlucky guy I have every know.

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
Ben,

Know how you feel. Went 12 days without power when Ike hit texas a couple of years ago. A lot of streets in town had lights, but seems like we were on one of the few streets that took an extra 3 days to get power. Luckily I had the generator ($30 in fuel every other day) so we could bear the heat at night with the humidity, and city water to take a shower.

Hope everyone is OK and things are getting back to normal.