Atlanta/New England -- who you got?

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
All I gotta say is first point wins OT is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Doesn't give the other team a chance if they lose the toss.

CFL does it a bit different. 3 downs to score and then it goes the other way. Even if the first team to go scores the other team gets 3 downs to tie it up. Maybe not perfect or the best ever but it makes a game of it at least.
I completely agree, would've been interesting. They should do this maybe from the 35 to make in interesting

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Boys. My boy TB is the goat. Atlanta played a hell of a game and what a treat to watch jones and freeman against the pats. Tough loss, epic win.

Thw trans build this weekend was gonna be a cheer up after we lost, now I don't know if Evan and I will even talk trucks as much as my manlove for TB and Jules

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Mikey that's what I was thinking for the first 3 quarters haha.

Good to be a northeasterner today, the whole communism thing aside ;)

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Patriots have always been a second half team but I would be lying if I told you I thought they would come back after first 30 minutes. The Falcons made some horrible decisions and the Patriots were able to capitalize. Poor ball handling and time management by the Falcons gave Tom the chance to put the points on the board.

chevor

Highway hauler.
Sep 17, 2015
On the Road
Patriots have always been a second half team but I would be lying if I told you I thought they would come back after first 30 minutes. The Falcons made some horrible decisions and the Patriots were able to capitalize. Poor ball handling and time management by the Falcons gave Tom the chance to put the points on the board.

Almost as if the game was fixed?

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
What about the pics ol boys knee down before the ball crossed the goal line on the 2-pt conversion? Why wasn't that reviewed? Or are the pics fake? :confused:

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
Almost as if Atlanta fell apart and Tom Brady and his team kept it together and played their hearts out....

if you watch the soundFX of the game the two sidelines tell the tale of why new England came back Atlanta was getting cocky and early celebrating its never over till the clock is all zeros! ive been a pats fan since the Bledsoe parcells days and I never thought in a million years theyd come back I think think this should put the brady vs manning stuff to rest!

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Brady is the goat. 'Nuff said :). The patriots for many years now have been a different type of team. A collective whole rather than individuals working together.

Anyone who takes a multi-million dollar pay cut to help his team is starting from the cool side of my book anyways hah.

I wouldn't mind seeing some real competition next year. Oakland is still on the upswing and they looked great this year, and Seattle will be back with force.