EFILive April 20, 2013 EFILive Public Release Software

Public release software is now available. This release includes E39A support, LML Flashing, AutoCal Unlinking and our work in progress" V8 user manual. A comprehensive list of updates can be found in the What's New links on the downloads page. NOTE: V7, V8 and firmware all have their own What's new link.

NOTE this release DOES NOT include DPF/EGR restrictions for US based customers, and DOES NOT include CSP.

Customers need to download and install V7 and V8 software, as well as update their firmware.

https://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133

Cheers
Cindy

Last edited:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Cindy, any word on how long till earlier cummins will be able to join in on the EFI Live fun and power? i have a friend trying to hold back on puttin money into a smarty or something else to go EFI Live but hes becoming pretty restless on just an Edge lol :D

Hey Cindy, so this release does not have the dpf/egr restrictions? thank you
Second paragraph of my original post details what's not included.

Cindy, any word on how long till earlier cummins will be able to join in on the EFI Live fun and power? i have a friend trying to hold back on puttin money into a smarty or something else to go EFI Live but hes becoming pretty restless on just an Edge lol :D

I don't have a time frame. SCI is causing us problems. I recommend if your friend needs something now he purchases something that is already on the market.

Cheers
Cindy

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I did the new update and can't get the Data logging to work properly. I keep getting a $1094 error when updating files for logging in BBX. It won't allow me to select pid file when logging. It tells me not supported with this firmware but all is up to date when I check.

dirty_max

Jan 27, 2013
eureka il
im still confused on the egr/dpf... it says does not include egr/dpf restrictions. so if im reading that correctly, we can still change these things? just want to make certain before i update.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
im still confused on the egr/dpf... it says does not include egr/dpf restrictions. so if im reading that correctly, we can still change these things? just want to make certain before i update.
I think you are correct but its a question that they probably dont want to be clear on.I dont have a problem with it long as we can keep getting updaes without the restrictions that makes me a happy camper.Bad thin is if its like shane says and it doesnt work and your caught inbetween versions the next update may be the killer.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky

You can tune the older ones with efi live already. Just switch to newer electronics. People have done it before because they couldnt wait either.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
You can tune the older ones with efi live already. Just switch to newer electronics. People have done it before because they couldnt wait either.

hes researched it but something about his truck wont let him do it or the cost was too great. dont remember what it was.

I did the new update and can't get the Data logging to work properly. I keep getting a $1094 error when updating files for logging in BBX. It won't allow me to select pid file when logging. It tells me not supported with this firmware but all is up to date when I check.
You will need to raise your issue here http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?22491-Public-Release-Apr-23-2013&p=190378#post190378

Yes you are correct, there are currently no restrictions in our software.

Cheers
Cindy