Anyone swapped a L5P into a 2011 LML frame

Bstewardtx

Dec 31, 2020
Short story had complete fuel system in 11 LML once then not long after had def problems then the shop went out of business I deleted it and a few thousand miles later which would be about a year and a half in time I had it go bad again. So instead of just doing a conversion on fuel system or go back with oem I thought about a 18 L5P I found. Would electrical be plug and play? I think I would have to swap tranny too. Just throwing out some feelers so maybe some of y’all can keep me from selling it for scrap.

Nate’s Dmax

Dec 11, 2020
That would be a unique swap but I’m afraid it is a far cry from plug and play. Electrical system got completely different when they switched to the new body. Then the ECM and engine electrical system got changed for the L5P. It might be possible if you would go with a stand alone harness or are excellent with making electrical systems work.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Idk about easier as u still pull motor

you dont pull the motor to do as slowlml stated. its all on top of the engine. did you blow your engine up?

11 to 18 body swap would have a good bit of headaches to overcome electronic wise. if you had a 15 or 16, might be much closer to a direct swap.

Bstewardtx

Dec 31, 2020
It’s just easier to change pump injectors lines etc with the motor out. No constraints and free access

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I’d never pull the motor on an Lml to put a pump and injectors in it. You’re doubling if not tripling the time involved.

but each is their own.

Bstewardtx

Dec 31, 2020
Ya but which is easier to achieve time wise and which mitigates risk more. Lifting the cab has propensity to scratch panels and risk of buckling or falling off lift. And probably more time involved removing bolts etc. just remove electric, grounds and bolts from starter and flywheel and of course the front support and radiator/cooler and intercooler lines bam she’s ready to come out ok I’m likely leaving off easy things like intake boot and cage etc...

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
why ask a question just to refuse the answers you get...go ahead and pull the motor for a pump and injector swap.