Anyone runnin the triple disk?

Ben46a

Wannabe puller
Sep 4, 2006
Waverley, NS, Canada
Anyone here runnin the southbend triple disc? How do ya like it as compared to the double. With our Tacky tracks and heavy sled it tlooks like ill need to upgrade from the double.

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida
Anyone here runnin the southbend triple disc? How do ya like it as compared to the double. With our Tacky tracks and heavy sled it tlooks like ill need to upgrade from the double.

I can tell u this. U can not slip it. Its sucks pulling away with a loaded hay trailer bounces and hops like hell. Probley wont do that hook to sled though

Ben46a

Wannabe puller
Sep 4, 2006
Waverley, NS, Canada
Well as far as trailer towing, or normal driving, My DD iron clutch wont slip either, But Slips almost too much in 4th on the sled. When i finish my motor build up, im pretty sure it wont live. All of our tracks are stick hard clay.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
We really like it in Jon's truck, it is taking the beating of a lifetime like a champ! As far as driveability, it is way more driver friendly than the Mac's dual disc that Jon ran for three years of sled pulling. We have made several 4lo 5th sled pulls with it and works great, if you are counting that is a full three gear ratio jump from where he used run. I am highly recommending this clutch if you need a serious power handling unit. I am pretty sure we have put the triple disc through the ringer harder than anyone else at this point.:cool: