Anyone know this code?

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
I'm getting this code. I've never had this one before, is anyone familiar with it?
B1372 device ignition 1 (on and start). Any ideas??

ryan415

Oct 24, 2012
DTC B1372
Circuit Description

When the ignition switch is in the UNLOCK position, certain class 2 messages do not transmit. The instrument cluster suspends the operation of the indicators and the gauges that are dependent on these messages until the ignition switch is no longer in the UNLOCK position.
DTC Descriptor

This diagnostic procedure supports the following DTC:
DTC B1372 Device Ignition 1 Circuit Range Performance
Conditions for Running the DTC

The ignition is ON.
Conditions for Setting the DTC

There is a difference of at least 75 percent between the ignition 1 voltage circuit and the instrument panel cluster (IPC) battery positive voltage circuit for 3 seconds.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets

<TABLE width="95%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=1 align=right></TD><TD vAlign=top>The odometer and the PRNDL displays do not illuminate.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE width="95%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=1 align=right></TD><TD vAlign=top>The fuel gauge and the engine coolant temperature gauge default to 0.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE width="95%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=1 align=right></TD><TD vAlign=top>The scan tool does not communicate with the instrument cluster.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​
Conditions for Clearing the DTC

<TABLE width="95%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=1 align=right></TD><TD vAlign=top>The DTC becomes history when the conditions for setting the DTC are no longer present.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
I would start by checking your IGN E and SEO IGN fuses underhood. Hope this helps

Yes thank u very much. I will check it all out Tom. I wonder if me changing my passenger battery ground from the passenger side of the block to the drivers side makes a difference. I would not think the location on the block would matter.