Question: Anyone know about blown alcohol big blocks?

Operator1

Nov 20, 2009
NC
A 632 BBC, with 10/71 Littlefield blower and Enderle alcohol injection. Starts and runs awesome, sounds like angels singing. But it doesn't want to settle down and idle. RPMs keep creeping up, idle speed adjuster doesn't help. Trying to help someone who inherited it, neither of us know much about it. Just want to be able to run it to show potential buyers. I have found papers saying it was set to 68% @ 100 psi, Idk what that means but I take it for idle mixture adjustment maybe? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Operator1

Nov 20, 2009
NC
How much are they wanting for it. Don't know much about that setup but it might be time to learn it.

I will ask if he is sure what he wants, will send a pm.

Call Ralph or Spike @ http://gorrfuelsystems.com/

They do the fuel system on our car...You might have to send them some parts to get dialed in, but it will be money well spent...Guaranteed...

Thanks, we will most likely have to consult a pro. I don't want to take any chances with it. I know most of what's in it, but I have no experience with running them.

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
Thanks, we will most likely have to consult a pro. I don't want to take any chances with it. I know most of what's in it, but I have no experience with running them.

Do yourself a favor and call these guys...They have the formula, you & I don't :D

When u get the parts back, it'll run like it should...

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Is there any way you can make a video of it running so we can hear angels sing too?

(Can you tell I have no clue about a blown alcohol BBC?)

Operator1

Nov 20, 2009
NC
Is there any way you can make a video of it running so we can hear angels sing too?

(Can you tell I have no clue about a blown alcohol BBC?)

I probably will, I have gotten some info on adjusting the injection system, hopefully will be able to get it to calm down so I will feel better about running it. This thing is awesome, but it's out of my league! I have pics on some site, let me see if I can get them.