Anyone ever use a dragy?

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
I have one I have only tried it a hand full of times… I had a tight converter at the time so the truck would push a little when spooling and I think it would start from the truck moving a little bit. My best was a 1.84 60ft and 7.26 1/8 with my drag radials on the street.

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
I can see that as soon as you creep it goes off. It's gonna be hard to cut a decent 60' on the street anyways and really not now with residual salt on the roads.

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
I agree… I have a hard time finding a spot where I have enough time to 0 the draggy and spool. It’s easier to have a passenger hold the phone.

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
The et will vary a lot but I'm happy with the mph, according that the mph at rough 7k lbs that puts me close to 800hp. Need the track to open now 🙂

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
Are you talking about one of these? https://dragymotorsports.com/

Also, moved this over to Drag Racing section. Might even make it a sticky later.....
Yes one of those. They are 150$ and you use your phone to use it. You download the dragy app from the play store. They are supposed to be pretty accurate from what I understand but I don't know anyone that has personal used one.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Yes one of those. They are 150$ and you use your phone to use it. You download the dragy app from the play store. They are supposed to be pretty accurate from what I understand but I don't know anyone that has personal used one.
I'm ordering one tomorrow. Evan swears by them. When properly used, they are very close to real track time.

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
I'm ordering one tomorrow. Evan swears by them. When properly used, they are very close to real track time.
Yes they seem like a good tool. They give you magnets to mount the dragy if need be. I just wedged it into the cupholder so it did not move around. Whenever I get to the track in going to use it and actually see how close it really is. Everything I a have read they are darn accurate.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
ive heard nothing but good things about them. IIRC the sxsblog boys tested it against the 300ft dirt drag times on their 2jz rzr and it was pretty damn accurate. im not a big fan of their channel (god damn do they talk too much) but that was interesting.

if you have a hard time hooking on the street, it wont be much better on the track unless you run slicks or radials with a well prepped track.

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
I'm gonna start looking for a set of drag radials. All it did was blow 3 tires off lol. I went back and there were 50'+ black marks.

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
I’ve put mine inside the cab before and a few times it said it was unverified I guess because of weak signal? So I started sticking it in the bed

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
I noticed that also. Sometimes it said not verified other times it did not. I wasn't sure if it was due to the signal or a couple runs i made were on a 1.5% grade I was wondering if that was why.

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
I just looked at my history one run was invalid because of a slope greater then -1 percent and then a different run was invalid because of low satellite

The A Team

Jul 26, 2015
They are about as close as you will find. Everyone I race with uses them, so do I and compared to track times its within a few hundredths on ET and mph is with in a tenth.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
ive heard nothing but good things about them. IIRC the sxsblog boys tested it against the 300ft dirt drag times on their 2jz rzr and it was pretty damn accurate. im not a big fan of their channel (god damn do they talk too much) but that was interesting.

if you have a hard time hooking on the street, it wont be much better on the track unless you run slicks or radials with a well prepped track.
Lol, but you are still watching them aren't ya? It is just the new age tool compared to what we used back in the day, the G-tech which was damn accurate as well 18-20 years ago lol. Just like any accelerometer, if you slip the tires much it doesn't see it and there for the numbers are off. Clay Millican posted in his youtube video that he used it in his railcar and it was damn close and the difference was the clutch slip. He holds the 1/8th and 1/4mile records with it lol!!! Very cool cat!

Reactions: SmokeShow and N2BRK

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Lol, but you are still watching them aren't ya? It is just the new age tool compared to what we used back in the day, the G-tech which was damn accurate as well 18-20 years ago lol. Just like any accelerometer, if you slip the tires much it doesn't see it and there for the numbers are off. Clay Millican posted in his youtube video that he used it in his railcar and it was damn close and the difference was the clutch slip. He holds the 1/8th and 1/4mile records with it lol!!! Very cool cat!
:ROFLMAO: yup, i wont deny i still watch their stuff!! lmao, i just skip over the talking most times. I must not have seen Clays video on it. i started watching him after the PFI Speed boys went to a few of his races and were in his pits fliming their tuning, mechanincs and everything else they do. Holy shit that was fascinating!

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
What is a good drag radial setup and size? I was looking at 17" MT drag radials. They make the Mt et street r in a 315/50/17 which is 30x12.50