Anybody done any sound deadening?

Huffy67

Dec 26, 2014
Arkansas
I'm not gonna remove the dash, just everything else. I'm not worrie at all about the work, me and my buddy can rip her apart in about an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
I can get my interior all out in about an hour and a half or so in the crew cab. .. done it a few times. Pulling the dash is a different story

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Ok sweet, does anyone know if stick on products like boom mat or dyna mat will be ok in the extreme heat on the outside of the firewall? Also my hood does not have an insulator on the bottom side and I've talked to some guys that swear it makes a difference. I don't see how the hood would have any effect on interior noise but i guess it's worth a shot.

The engine side of my firewall has had dyno mat on it for years now. No issues with getting to hot or anything. Putting it around the tranny while I had the turbo out years ago was the best thing I did. Removed alot of engine noises.

Yellowchevy

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Ok sweet, does anyone know if stick on products like boom mat or dyna mat will be ok in the extreme heat on the outside of the firewall? Also my hood does not have an insulator on the bottom side and I've talked to some guys that swear it makes a difference. I don't see how the hood would have any effect on interior noise but i guess it's worth a shot.

I'll admit I did it to my work truck some 25 years ago, I did not use mat per say... I took some dense 3/8 carpet pad and used some industrial strength contact cement we had in the shop, I also did the inside of the door panels. Quieted the old girl down a lot. Lasted for 15 years on the hood till the hood latch malfunctioned and had to cut a hole in it to get it open, new hood time....:eek:

Last edited:

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
What's everyone's thoughts on putting sound mat on the inner fenders? Would it retract engine and road noise?

Just thinking out loud since the new trucks have carpet inner fenders.

Huffy67

Dec 26, 2014
Arkansas
I think I read where the RaamAudio guy was putting some sound deadening materials inside his dually fenders because the noise channels through right into the back of the cab.

chrisuns

Sep 11, 2009
San Antonio, TX
KnuKonceptz Kno Knoise Kolossus and SDS sound deadener was tested to be the best on diymoble, outside of STP Bomb, but stp doesn't hold well to high temps.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
I used hush mat. I did the floor, back wall, doors, and roof. I think the back wall and doors made the biggest improvement.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
I use the radio volume.....too much roadnoise, turn the radio up......not enough roadnoise, roll the windows down. :D

Summitlly

Motorsport Enthusiast
Jul 21, 2013
MI
Anyone ever try something like a spray on bedliner? Thought maybe doing the underside of the cab with it.

LBZ-DURAMAX

Jared
Feb 12, 2015
NW Ohio
So is dynamat the go too deadener I've been doing a bunch of research and there are a ton of different products and none of them are "best" per say.... Any more opinions on this and is doing the top of the cab worth it?