Any thoughts on 'drop in s300' turbo

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Hmm maybe I’ll have to give it a whirl. My stock vgts getting tired at 125k with half those miles pushing 600. I’ve ran a 369 on the lmm and loved it. I’m sure I’d like a 467 better but half price and being able to drop in is a huge plus.

You can’t use a ford turbo as a comparison. They are similar but far too many other variables. You are looking for someone to give the answer you want when you have already heard from a sponsor saying he recommends not going that route. I’ll also state I’ve seen 2 of these turbos fail out here in AZ under less abuse than their stock turbo saw.

When it goes, I hope you realize the potential that could happen. The potential to run away becomes very real and the shrapnel that will come out the turbo will now be stuck in the inter cooler as well as go through the engine (requiring at min an intercooler replacement).

I would rather look at an s400. It will be far more reliable as drive pressure won’t be through the roof and the frame size has more strength in it

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
If you are going to lean on it very often, skip the s300 and run an s400. Buy once, cry once. S300 is great and has it's perks, but it will not tolerate the abuse the s400 frame will. I am not a fan of larger a VGT but they have their perks as well.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

^ 100% agree.