Any Ideas Mike?

MEANMAX

DURAMAX COLORADO
Jun 19, 2007
East Marion NY
First a little history.44545 miles full tranny fluid change(Transynd).60033 miles suncoast 6 speed conversion installed,filled with new fluid(Mobil synthetic).61279 miles leave on trip.While traveling a steady 70mph @ 1600rpm cruise set,started going up slight upgrade ,converter unlocked,shifted down to fifth,and rpm's started rising 3000 to 3200. Taken by surprise I turned off cruise and it shifted back into "locked 6th".Now my questions.Is the tranny still learning? Is this normal for a 6 speed? When it was a 5 speed the converter stayed locked at these speeds.

On a side note...on return trip it seemed a little better but still did it.When putting it to the floor it would downshift for a second or two then return to 6th and go.

Thanks,Walt

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
The Ally also will stay in a down shift gear to avoid over shifting or hunting.

Mike will be back soon.

MEANMAX

DURAMAX COLORADO
Jun 19, 2007
East Marion NY
Went for ride today,started shifting OK,then it happened...while trying to shift into 4th it limped.Codes P0700 & 0776.Cleared codes tried again,same result.Funny thing is I'm not running any tunes. Don't have the original TCM,went back to suncoast for the core.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Went for ride today,started shifting OK,then it happened...while trying to shift into 4th it limped.Codes P0700 & 0776.Cleared codes tried again,same result.Funny thing is I'm not running any tunes. Don't have the original TCM,went back to suncoast for the core.

Sounds like something wasn't put back together properly?

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
no the same thing happened to mine, burnt C2 clutches and they replaced VB. i never gave my TCM back, or my original tranny, and they took my crate after never charging me for it. needless to say they dont like when i call to tell them their shiat is still screwed up:mad:

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
i would PM Big Dipper...aka George, he's in maryland. ask him if there is a fault in the VB if he can get SC to warrenty the items. if they wont then i would still have him do the work, i have heard from many he is a straight shooter and is close enough to you to be worth the ride.

I brought mine to Matt Visci (Champion Trnasmission) in west haven CT, he took out the tranny (SC stage V w/ 6-sp conversion) and sent it to SC. they replaced clutches and VB and never told him nor I what happened and told us to keep running it. so i fully expect to have to tear the damn thing out again sooner or later. this issue happened back a few months ago and i have a thread on it "not good"

Last edited:

MEANMAX

DURAMAX COLORADO
Jun 19, 2007
East Marion NY
Thanks juddski88,Champion is much closer to me than maryland.Since the tranny won't go into 4th.I'm gunna pull the pan tomorrow and see whats up.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
x2...i have all kinds of weird shifts with my SC TCM. so let's get some input from the experts here and come up with a fix (how to unlock TCM or something of that nature:D)

And if you were shown how to unlock it you would never share that with anyone or use it for profit would you? :rolleyes:
The TCM can not be unlocked; by anyone.

MEANMAX

DURAMAX COLORADO
Jun 19, 2007
East Marion NY
What do you think,MikeL.Time for a new tranny? If so do you know a good shop in Long Island New York? If I have to I will drop the tranny myself but I prefer not to.
Thanks,Walt

MEANMAX

DURAMAX COLORADO
Jun 19, 2007
East Marion NY
Well dropped pan this morning,checked B Solinoid...not sticking.Fluid a little burnt,no peices of clutch material in pan.Changed outer filter,put everything back together...same story.Shifts to 3rd then tries 4th...limp.Now I'm going to look for a tranny shop.

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
From what Mike told me when I got the P0776 last month, if you don't have 4-5-6 (shifts go 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> zing!), you're C2 hub and/or P2 planet are likely toast. Hopefully it's not that bad, but mine with still had 4+ and when I tore it apart, the only damage was burnt C2's and C3's.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
hmmm, i thought of that as a possibility when mine was doing it but it would go to 4th if i feathered it real patiently on tune 1. then it would downshift eventually and not want to go into 4th no matter how light i was on the pedal. i figured suncoast would've charged us and told us they replaced a C2/P2 hub & planet if it was broken....but maybe they didn't tell us and replaced it for free, who knows.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
hmmm, i thought of that as a possibility when mine was doing it but it would go to 4th if i feathered it real patiently on tune 1. then it would downshift eventually and not want to go into 4th no matter how light i was on the pedal. i figured suncoast would've charged us and told us they replaced a C2/P2 hub & planet if it was broken....but maybe they didn't tell us and replaced it for free, who knows.

Ron said it was not broken.

MEANMAX

DURAMAX COLORADO
Jun 19, 2007
East Marion NY
Mike,now that I'm pretty sure my tranny's fried,would you ship to me? Good tranny shops in my area are few and far between(still looking).Like I said before I would do the install myself but perfer not to(the farm is coming alive again).