LMM: Any experience with Deaver leaf packs?

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Along with the trans I need to replace my leaf springs. No issues with the OEM replacements, but ultimately I think i'll need some traction aids whether they be caltracs or track bars or something else. Since the OEM springs w/ bolts are just under $400, and track bars or caltracs would double that cost, I figured it might be worth it to consider Deaver springs.

I am staying at stock height and they said they'd fab up a set for a 7-10 week delivery time. Wondering what benefits a progressive pack could/would have. On their lift springs they claim to eliminate axle wrap, but that's obviously due to not having to use a block. I'm wondering, being more compliant, how the deavers will mitigate axle wrap overall. If they contribute to eliminating it, I might not have to get clatracs, and then end up saving money on the more expensive springs. So, anyone used em? What do you think?

End all be all, i'll probably end up in the 550whp range and around 1k +/- torque range. I like a firm and controlled ride and I drive very aggressively. Just looking to keep the axle planted. The deaver ride quality increase would just be a bonus.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
They won't stop you from needing a traction bar if you really need one. They are quality springs and their ride is better than stock springs. If you springs are good I would do a set of long bars. Caltracs tend to be noisy. You have to set them up just right or you will have that problem. Long bars work better and would be quieter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Thanks for the tip, I had read about the caltrac creaks.

My springs are shot at this point or close to. Deaver emailed me saying without a block there will be 0 axle wrap...hmmm.

I only have wrap mainly due to the springs/bushings being well worn. I'm not pushing outrageous power in comparison to a lot on this site, but I like a firm planted ride and i like to go fast :) Would be fun to get the back to slip out a little easier as well.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
maybe have them supply a pack that will let you run the pack under the axle instead of over. You'll reduce/eliminate wrap, gain handling, and gain upward travel usually.... might need to notch the frame and def need to weld up brackets!

Last edited:

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
I can attest to their progressive rate packs not having axle wrap issues at roughly 500hp in a 6" lifted application. They ride great and the truck will not hop. But in order to transfer the power to the wheels, caltracs or we'll engineered bars are required.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Run a lift deaver spring as spring under and you will not have to worry about any wheel hop at any point and still keep stock height.