Another smoker....

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
I think I started a decent thread. Love learning all this stuff from the guys that actually do it. Be nice if mark would chime in sometime as well. My truck will be a daily driver, but not daily driven if that makes sense. I want to be able to jump in and go wherever, but still dominate and keep it together. Once I start making more money and get a reliable dd, I want to start pushing my luck in this stock motor. I believe Landon on here from NC has big power on a stockish engine. Regardless, the goal is to have a truck to take to Florida at some point and find Mr. Smokey.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
I think I started a decent thread. Love learning all this stuff from the guys that actually do it. Be nice if mark would chime in sometime as well. My truck will be a daily driver, but not daily driven if that makes sense. I want to be able to jump in and go wherever, but still dominate and keep it together. Once I start making more money and get a reliable dd, I want to start pushing my luck in this stock motor. I believe Landon on here from NC has big power on a stockish engine. Regardless, the goal is to have a truck to take to Florida at some point and find Mr. Smokey.

If you want to daily drive it, here is my recommendation.

68r/s485 or 488, at least 100% overs, 12mm pump, and a well built motor. This setup is amazing on the street, yes it will leave some topend power on the table.... when you are ready give Mark a call, I couldn’t be more happy with the setup he recommended to me for my needs.

A lot of people just throw out suggestions, but the key is making sure ALL the parts compliment each other well, that is the difference between a fun truck and one that makes power but sucks everywhere else....

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

68r/s485 or 488, at least 100% overs, 12mm pump, and a well built motor. This setup is amazing on the street, yes it will leave some topend power on the table.... when you are ready give Mark a call, I couldn’t be more happy with the setup he recommended to me for my needs.

A lot of people just throw out suggestions, but the key is making sure ALL the parts compliment each other well, that is the difference between a fun truck and one that makes power but sucks everywhere else....

^^ This. wades setup is something im close to and its a blast. at some point ill swap to the 68 in the valley but i might as well build a new twin kit at that point

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC

This is the exact setup I’m wanting in the future with 125% or 150% overs depending on how affordable they are at that point.

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
What nobody has mentioned on here that is relative is the Exhaust Turbine size and the ARs on the Exhaust Housings on his compound setup. His ARs may be too big which may upon first glance look like its gonna make more power than a smaller AR but the reality is that the big capability of the larger AR will never be realized due to it taking much longer to get 100% fully spooled and or higher rpms required to realize the full potential of the large AR. It's a matter of finding the right AR/Turbine size otherwise it will be a dog off the line. You noticed they show no hit from a dig. The other thing is the converter 2400 seems way too tight for that large a setup. It won't help it get spooled up . It's probably a turd off the line. I do however commend the guy for doing all his own work, I can truly appreciate that. I'm with everyone else on here that says there is more to be had with some tweaking. :D

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I wonder if anyone knew who’s truck that was. He sure didn’t do anything to make us look good. That was a staged race I bet. On that channel they have another “race” with a red viper. Just not to many Vipers running around on the street.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: RMJ_LB7

RMJ_LB7

Feb 25, 2020
California
Those races are always staged, how is it that every time they go out they find a race lol. I remember watching this video a few years back and shaking my head.