Another recon cab light disaster!

ryan415

Oct 24, 2012
I was wondering the same thing.. I just noticed his picture by his name but I can't make it any bigger cause I'm on my phone but its 3 lights in the middle

Here's a close up, hard to see the lights during the day but at night you'd never know they were tinted

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 35

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
The smoked lights look really good. :thumb:

Here's a picture of how I did mine on the last pickup. I know it looks like alot but in person they looked great and even better at night time; they didnt' give me any trouble except for all the time I spent measuring them to get them centered/located just right, haha :D

Either pacer performance or putco will make you happy. What I liked out them is that the base is all foam except where the wire and screws are.

Sorry for all the posts; I spent alot of time getting all the information I needed before I installed them myself so I'm hoping this will help others.

Yellowchevy

Attachments

• Cab Lights 1.jpg
    Cab Lights 1.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Cab Lights 2.jpg
    Cab Lights 2.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 28
  • Cab Lights 3.jpg
    Cab Lights 3.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 32
  • Cab Lights 4.jpg
    Cab Lights 4.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 31

Polaris7x

Dec 25, 2011
loves park, ill
The smoked lights look really good. :thumb:

Here's a picture of how I did mine on the last pickup. I know it looks like alot but in person they looked great and even better at night time; they didnt' give me any trouble except for all the time I spent measuring them to get them centered/located just right, haha :D

Either pacer performance or putco will make you happy. What I liked out them is that the base is all foam except where the wire and screws are.

Sorry for all the posts; I spent alot of time getting all the information I needed before I installed them myself so I'm hoping this will help others.

Yellowchevy

haha that looks pretty good man, i had the individual ones on my ford and not once did i ever have one issue, ill check out the putco ones and i could probably just vht them like i did my tail lights

Polaris7x

Dec 25, 2011
loves park, ill
alright im thinking im gonna go with the putcos this time. DOES ANYONE HAVE THESE ON THERE TRUCK WITH THE SMOKE LENSES THAT COULD SNAP ME A FEW CLOSE UP PICS? FROM THE SALES PIC THEY STILL LOOK A LITTLE TO CLEAR FOR ME, THANKS GUYS

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
The recons I put on my lml are foam on the bottom and I put alot of silicone on them no leaks yet

I stand corrected. I assumed the recons leaked b/c they don't have dense foam covering the bottom like the Putco's do. I didn't use any silicone when I installed my Putco lights and I had them on for 2 years before I sold the pickup without any problems.

I want to put new smoked LED cab lights on my dually but with all the problems people are having I'm apprehensive, but being I've got the factory ones I wonder if mine will seal bettering being I can screw them down tighter? Just thinking out loud.

Yellowchevy

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Ive always said i dont know why anyone would ever drill holes in a perfectly good roof.

Ken i say if you already have the holes just try that other brand and see if they seal i sure wouldnt weld in patch pieces and paint it,way expensive buddy.Good luck buddy.

Polaris7x

Dec 25, 2011
loves park, ill
Ive always said i dont know why anyone would ever drill holes in a perfectly good roof.

Ken i say if you already have the holes just try that other brand and see if they seal i sure wouldnt weld in patch pieces and paint it,way expensive buddy.Good luck buddy.

well welding patches and painting the roof would be alot cheaper then the water frying out the entire electrical system. And i never understood why some people own trucks and they spend more time hanging out in the drive or the garage?? :roflmao: Jk buddy