Another new guy. Lowered question

healder

Mar 6, 2016
Hey guys I've been lurking for a while and researching things a bit but decided to introduce myself. I bought a 06 lbz one owner last year and have done a few things efi live, exhaust, intake, etc. minor stuff. I'm now looking into lowering it as I take it to the strip a bit (ran a 13.6 on my 100 trans safe tune) and planning on running 305/50/20 420s. I picked up a new set of 20x10 -24 wheels already. My question is should I go with a -2 or -3 drop shackle? My goal is to have the same look as lb7_katie boyfriends truck. I tried to upload picture but couldn't. I don't want it too low where it would be a hassle in my rural Vt area, just something good enough to keep cv angles low so I don't have to mess with them every time I go to the strip. Thanks in advance everyone!

Last edited:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Welcome! No Idea on the low rider sh*t:rofl: Might shoot Katie a PM, that would be your best bet on getting an answer on her BF's truck.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Get the 3" shackle and if it's too low you can always raise it up one hole. Just find a shackle that has multiple files for adjustment. Mghaughys and djm are adjustable

healder

Mar 6, 2016
Thanks for the response guys, I shot katie a pm. Oregon dmax are the bell tech adjustable like the ones you mentioned or no?

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I think the belltechs are semi adjustable.

A 3" shackle will get you where you want.. Look up the lowered truck pics thread..