Alright guys let's talk some GOLF!!!

BigDMax05

Peanut butter and ladies!
Feb 2, 2009
Indiana
So I think dbush had a good idea. Why not have a golf thread?! I suck ass at it but I do have fun! I played high school golf for 2 years and then played a little after that but fell out of it for awhile and picked it back up a couple years ago. I bought shitty set to start back out with and then picked up my r7 irons last year and kinda been adding nicer and nicer clubs as I go. Just recently picked up a near new set of Callaway diablo edge irons and an r11s driver. Took my 3 yr old son out with me last time to see how he would like it and he seemed to love it. Maybe I'll have a bubba or Phil mick someday!

dbev24

Oct 27, 2011
Darlington pa
Just bought a set of ping eye 2's and love them. I'm no good at all! But me and buddies play a beer a hole so by the 9th hole were having alot of fun. Lol

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
Man oh man talk about a pointless game. :roflmao:

I do not follow any sports but let me just say this. In baseball you hit the ball and another guy runs after it and brings it back for you. Sometimes if you hit it well enough you get to do a victory lap.

In golf you are constantly not happy enough with how far you hit the ball and keep hitting it and chasing it and hitting it and chasing it.

Just not my thing :angel::joker:

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
O.M.G
Dont get me started...
To late.
I have played for six years, i played as a youth quite a bit and didnt really swing a club for about 10 years. Now i play every local tournament i can afford to, which has not been much this year cuz of the dmax, i cant afford my annual membership this year either
:violin::cry::binky:
Poor me right
Well kinda, i had been woorking at maintaining a below par average(slope adjusted) this spring i was a -3, i went out last week and struggled every hole to make par, no birdies and walked away 4 over. Thats a seven stroke difference, its alot of time and work and money to make up for seven strokes on a scorecard, it took me two years playing 2x a week and practicing at least once. I did want to play in a national amateur someday but its alot harder than you might think, even playing like i do being in a tournament watching really talented golfers hit shot after amazing shot is intimidating, local level tournaments are tough enough to mentally compete in, i cant imagine what it would feel like to actually have a paycheck riding on a putt or drive or approach shot...
The game though, i love it, it's beautiful, challenging, diverse, different every time you swing the club, its got me hooked as hard as diesel performance maybe more. As soon as our truck gets done and the rental truck goes back and i can recover some finances i will be back out on the course striving to better my game.

BigDMax05

Feb 2, 2009
Indiana
I'm a scrambler. Especially free alcohol scrambles. I may try my luck next year in the men's association round here. I'd for sure be a D flight player. I can squeak out some high 70's low 80's occasionally. But usually I'm mid 80's and I have no idea what my handicap is.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
My sticks yo! Adams pro black cb1 irons, pro black 18° and 21° hybrids RBZ 3wd and R 11 Dr
NIKE METHOD concept1 putter and puglielli wedges. Favorite club to hit is my 18° pro black hybrid, i can stick a green with it from a long approach, 2nd shot into the green on par 5's and putt for eagle, its a beautiful thing. Usually about 228-248yrds
picture.php

i dont drink when i golf anymore, unless my back and hip start to get too tight!
Dont let score be involved in your game or mind, thats not what matters anyways. Mid 80's is very respectable:thumb: that means roughly 50% of your game is done in regulation

Last edited:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Man oh man talk about a pointless game. :roflmao:

I do not follow any sports but let me just say this. In baseball you hit the ball and another guy runs after it and brings it back for you. Sometimes if you hit it well enough you get to do a victory lap.

In golf you are constantly not happy enough with how far you hit the ball and keep hitting it and chasing it and hitting it and chasing it.

Just not my thing :angel::joker:

You are the typical person with no hand/eye control. You probably use a funnel for sex.:roflmao:

BigDMax05

Feb 2, 2009
Indiana
r11s, burner tp 3 wood, taylormade 3 rescue hybrid, burner 2.0 5 hybrid, diablo edge irons, odyssey putter, tom watson signature adams LW. My favorite right now is the clapped out worn tp burner 3 wood. I can crush the ball long straight with that thing. Its crazy to watch it fly when I hit it. Its like a missle for the first 100 yds and then lifts up and gains loft for the other 170+. Its a pretty lookin golf shot. I can hit this club damn near as far as my r11. I dont worry too much about scoring low unless Im playin my buddies. It would be hard to pull this off but it would be neat to have a DD golf outing. :D

Attachments

• IMG_1349.jpg
    IMG_1349.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 24

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
You are the typical person with no hand/eye control. You probably use a funnel for sex.:roflmao:

Good one mike! Made me laugh for sure. I love Golf. It is the most challenging sport in the world if you ask me. If you don't have hand/eye coordination don't bother. Very humbling game. Just when you think you are a good golfer, you will hit a slump and a bad round will send you to the 19th hole to laugh it off or into a lesson with a pro to fix a few things. Not to get preachy but Golf has taught me a lot about life. Consistency is key, stay humble, keep emotions in check, respect others (etiquette), be patient, work hard.

On a lighter note, on a golf course there are no women to nag you, legally can drink and drive, vulgarity and flirting with the cart are allowed, and you can enjoy nature and peace and quiet. Those that enjoy golf will agree the satisfaction that comes from a 300+ yard drive or sinking a long putt sure is awesome:thumb:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I finally admitted to myself that I absolutely stink at golf. :roflmao: Years ago I was able to shoot in the low 90s/high 80s; you know -- bogey golf..... but now....forget it. Its ugly. I dont have the time to play enough to get any better.
Im the "comic relief" during scrambles. Last time out, I literally made one putt for a skin, and only contributed maybe 4 other shots the entire round. Thank God I was with 3 good golfers.

Callaway Big Bertha woods and Ping Zing 2 irons, and they sit unused for years at a time.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
If im allowed to use a hockey stick and a softball bat along with a keg in this thread, ill participate in this thread.....if not ill bow out now:D

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
I finally admitted to myself that I absolutely stink at golf. :roflmao: Years ago I was able to shoot in the low 90s/high 80s; you know -- bogey golf..... but now....forget it. Its ugly. I dont have the time to play enough to get any better.
Im the "comic relief" during scrambles. Last time out, I literally made one putt for a skin, and only contributed maybe 4 other shots the entire round. Thank God I was with 3 good golfers.

Callaway Big Bertha woods and Ping Zing 2 irons, and they sit unused for years at a time.

Enjoyed your post Tom. One thing I can't stand is Golfers who take themselves too seriously. My twin brother is a great golfer and shoots in the mid 70s consistently. I respect his abilities but hate playing with him sometimes because every round is like "the open". Part of the joy for me in golf is a little goofing around every now and then.

Equipment helps but will not make your game.
I play an old school set of Ping Zing 2 blue dots, Adams tight lies, and an SMT 9 degree driver with a pro launch shaft. I am capable of low 80s mostly shoot in the high 80s on account of bad putting.

howie

Dec 26, 2009
Sawmills,NC
Golf is great sport I play Nike slingshot 4d irons and Nike driver. My game is not that great only been play for a year but I'm shooting in the high 90s. But I can say I have got totally lucky and hit a hole in one. It was awesome I was playing with my dad the ball landed in the cup in the air. Took chunk out of the side of the hole here is a picture of the ball in the cup ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349926390.301479.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349926390.301479.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349926390.301479.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 30

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Howie: congrats on the hole in one!:thumb:
Golfers such as myself have been golfing almost their entire lives and not gotten an ace yet, well done.

howie

Dec 26, 2009
Sawmills,NC
Yes I would have to say it was probally one of the best days of my life. And thanks a lot man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Enjoyed your post Tom. One thing I can't stand is Golfers who take themselves too seriously. My twin brother is a great golfer and shoots in the mid 70s consistently. I respect his abilities but hate playing with him sometimes because every round is like "the open". Part of the joy for me in golf is a little goofing around every now and then.

Equipment helps but will not make your game.
I play an old school set of Ping Zing 2 blue dots, Adams tight lies, and an SMT 9 degree driver with a pro launch shaft. I am capable of low 80s mostly shoot in the high 80s on account of bad putting.

I also play Blues. I used to get upset when Id screw up, now I just laugh because I have no idea what the hell I am doing wrong. One bad shot used to cost me two, now its two costing me three or four. Plus, Ive never been able to putt with any consistency. Its just not worth the aggravation anymore.

Whats that saying? "Drive for show, putt for dough". It is very true.