Allison trans cooler line fittings

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
What cooler are you going to run? I've been fighting high tranny temps all year on the racetruck, nothing but problems running two classes. Even just running one class after 2 runs it's already at 210. Going with a fresh new tranny next season and want to keep temps under 200. BD's cooler looks pretty good, what's everybody here running? I really want to ditch the stock heat exchanger but by the sounds of everybody i'd be better off leaving that in the circuit.

Last edited:

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
Ya they're nice, so is the PPE, i've had the PPE cooler before on a LLY. They work great when you're in motion, but with racing, you need something to cool down after your run, when you're back in the pits or on the return lane when hotlapping, need to cool down for the next run. I need a cooler in my bed with a fan, and would really like to get rid of the cooler up front and heat exchanger. Maybe i'll just have to run a bigass hydraulic cooler and call it good lol :confused:

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
Ya they're nice, so is the PPE, i've had the PPE cooler before on a LLY. They work great when you're in motion, but with racing, you need something to cool down after your run, when you're back in the pits or on the return lane when hotlapping, need to cool down for the next run. I need a cooler in my bed with a fan, and would really like to get rid of the cooler up front and heat exchanger. Maybe i'll just have to run a bigass hydraulic cooler and call it good lol :confused:

thats what we are gonna do with the puller this winter:thumb: