Allison Rear adapter need help quick!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
You need to watch the clearances when you put it back together. Thats what Mike, PureDiesel and BMC were trying to get at. You literally pulled the entire rear of the trans apart, which does affect the front. I have to admit thats the first time Ive heard of someone doing that.
May I ask why you didnt at least ask about the proper procedure to replace the extension housing first before you pulled it apart? I understand the whole "want to do it yourself" deal -- thats how I do most everything too -- but if its something Im not 100% confident in, I ask first.

Last edited:

EFIlivewire

On a Time Out
Dec 31, 2016
Its all good I got a guy who builds Allison trans coming out to help me. So I'm sure it will be pretty successful. Besides purehybrid, most of you were assholes when all I did was ask questions and try to understand. Most duramax owners are assholes anyway so I don't know why I would expect different. Sad part is a lot of you own your own trans shops I hope you don't treat your customers the same way. By the way any 6.4 can out race any of your trucks and any 7.3 can out pull your trucks guaranteed. Buying a ford after this done with Mexican cheap made BS and don't tell me any different I live right by GM truck and bus.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Its all good I got a guy who builds Allison trans coming out to help me. So I'm sure it will be pretty successful. Besides purehybrid, most of you were assholes when all I did was ask questions and try to understand. Most duramax owners are assholes anyway so I don't know why I would expect different. Sad part is a lot of you own your own trans shops I hope you don't treat your customers the same way. By the way any 6.4 can out race any of your trucks and any 7.3 can out pull your trucks guaranteed. Buying a ford after this done with Mexican cheap made BS and don't tell me any different I live right by GM truck and bus.

New funniest post of 2017:roflmao:

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada

Um, you were told from the beginning what to do, instead, you thought you knew more than those giving you sound advice. Then you became angry when being again told how to handle this job properly.

And then you go on a rant about Dmax owners? SMH. Enjoy your 6.4, you think you have problems now? Wait for random rockers to break, the high pressure turbo to fall apart, the HPFP to pile up, camshafts broken, cracked pistons and on and on. They make big power, no doubt, but there are reasons they only used that engine 3 model years.

You think $600 is a lot of money for a tail housing? Just wait. You'll be homeless by the time that 6.4 is done with you.

Lose your attitude, son. Be a little more humble and you might get more help.

EFIlivewire

On a Time Out
Dec 31, 2016
I'm a country boy I've been building motors and suspension from scratch I can build anything and learn fast for that matter my buddy owns a 6.4 and its a beast throw that spartan tuner and do some dpf egr and it has more torque than any duramax. Chevy blows. And the answers besides purehybrids blow even worse that's why I kept asking. Son.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.

7.3 out pull? Lol way wrong on that one. First time I ever pulled with mine last week and that turd trans fried. I've done exactly what you did and had everything fall out the back, thought I knew what I was doing and asked for some little advice on here and same attitude as you. Mike L went easy on you, he thrashed me pretty hard and I was stubborn with him. Got my back together and 60 miles later i trashed that whole trans. Listen to them. You need to go through that whole trans and make sure everything is back in it's correct positions. (Torrington bearings for one) oh and 6.4 is slow turds. When I was stock motor wasn't a match for me. Maybe because they where blown up before the race was finished!

CarolinaHD

Feb 8, 2011
NC
When you gotta tell everyone you're a country boy, you're more than likely just a city girl:happy2:

EFIlivewire

On a Time Out
Dec 31, 2016
Lmao you put the back together wrong. If you put the back together right it doesn't fry the whole trans. No need to tear the who trans for a few back pieces the guy at Allison said I was nuts for thinking that because its more stuff that can be put on wrong rather than leaving it in and as far as 6.4 goes nah they are the real deal. Ford builds their trucks tough and they look tougher that's why powerstokes go in most semi's

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

Come on out here to the desert and I'll run any 7.3 or 6.4 you got with a 15k load on the back or more up our hills in the summer and see who wins (or for your sake, how far you make it up the hill before breaking down). Bring cash, I don't like waisting fuel on diesel illiterate people such as your self.

I'd come to you but we have real hills and real temps that work these trucks ;)

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Lmao you put the back together wrong. If you put the back together right it doesn't fry the whole trans. No need to tear the who trans for a few back pieces the guy at Allison said I was nuts for thinking that because its more stuff that can be put on wrong rather than leaving it in and as far as 6.4 goes nah they are the real deal. Ford builds their trucks tough and they look tougher that's why powerstokes go in most semi's

No I didn't put anything in wrong. I had a manual went in correctly but didn't pull front end apart. But just go for it, will be funny when you are crying about it not working. 6.4 is junk. I will say my 7.3 as a DD was great but pulling no way.

EFIlivewire

On a Time Out
Dec 31, 2016
When you gotta tell everyone you're a country boy, you're more than likely just a city girl:happy2:

I've built more motors than you have miles on your POS Chevy
Im from the back woods son I grew up kicking up dust. All my Buddy's got fords and they told me not to buy a Chevy should of listened bit I've built many 6.6 motors.

EFIlivewire

On a Time Out
Dec 31, 2016
Come on out here to the desert and I'll run any 7.3 or 6.4 you got with a 15k load on the back or more up our hills in the summer and see who wins (or for your sake, how far you make it up the hill before breaking down). Bring cash, I don't like waisting fuel on diesel illiterate people such as your self.

I'd come to you but we have real hills and real temps that work these trucks ;)

Nah you couldn't come to me because you got no money cause it all went into that pos Chevy. My Buddy's 6.4 will drag you around backwards and send you flying of that mountain. Let's get it

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
Good luck Bayou Billy, I'm out. I would keep on, but the only thing worse than your attitude is your grammar. I'm sure you'll be back with a different user name crying the blues yeehaw.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Nah you couldn't come to me because you got no money cause it all went into that pos Chevy. My Buddy's 6.4 will drag you around backwards and send you flying of that mountain. Let's get it

Really... best you got is resorting to buddies trucks now and saying I have no money? What ever helps ya sleep better at night with your poor decisions.

I'll be sitting here waiting with 5k cash, your truck vs mine with 15k + load pulling these hills here in summer temps. First one to flagstaff wins. Your call powerjoker, I wouldn't want to agree to this race either knowing your guaranteed to loose :rofl: :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.