ak5 ?

jimdmax

Feb 18, 2007
Garden Prairie IL.
I bought this charger used. The fin at 6:00 in the pic has the corner fin bent out some is this a problem or not. Was told it was only ran a short while. And in good shape.

...~jim~...

Attachments

• turbo 010 (600 x 450).jpg
    turbo 010 (600 x 450).jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 32

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
It's a billet wheel, I'd give Wade over at ATS Diesel a call. I personally would run the shit out of it. But then again, it's not a good idea to have different loads from one fin to another, would think it would cause some flexing. But, you may be able to send the turbo center section to them and have the problem corrected at a low cost to you. Or just try and straighten it yourself. Just match the curve of the other fins. To do this, take the compressor housing off and use cloth and pliers to work the fin. Be careful not to bend the lower part of the fin.

What caused the bend, and is the shaft straight? Was the fin bent with the compressor housing off? And is there a nick in the fin?

Mike

Last edited:

jimdmax

Feb 18, 2007
Garden Prairie IL.
i brought it used on the d.p. market pl. was told its only 6 mos. old. There don't seem to be anything else wrong, it does have just a little end play.

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
took houseing off the fin as a hair line crack it broke off with little effort. Will be sending to ats.i bought it used U get what u pay for.

Well, now when you get it back, you probably will be in it for less than new. what did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking?

P.s. It's a good thing you didn't just run it. ;)

duramaxin14

Just Keeping Up
May 25, 2007
Wauchula fl
Not to answer for new 2. But all he talks about is that combo:D. I am about to be putting a a5k on mine with a singe cp3. After i put a tranny and the truck and save up. But first i gotta reach 12's on a stock charger. so i can win money there to.:D

Last edited:

jimdmax

Feb 18, 2007
Garden Prairie IL.
Wade said he was going to check on a wheel and get back, said he would help me out to get it back to new.Also how is the boost adjusted on a aurora or isn't it?

...~jim~...

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
Wade said he was going to check on a wheel and get back, said he would help me out to get it back to new.Also how is the boost adjusted on a aurora or isn't it?

...~jim~...

The Aurora is fuel spooled, more fuel burn, the more boost.

I glad Wade is taking care of you, you'll be pleased with the turbo. :)

Mike

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
new2lb7 i see your running a a5k with 1 cp how do you like, powerwise?

I like the heck out of it, I just wish I wasn't so worried about the fuel a dual supplies. I peak at 44 or so psi and hold over 40 at wot with one cp3. Plenty for me. Did you get a pedestal mount with it?

Mike

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
The pedestal is new and steel cast what this i here some are magnesium? Also i see in the ATS kit you get a trany dip stick tube is that a must.

I would think magnesium would get hot enough to flash and burn, the dipstick is important for the down pipe.

Mike