LBZ: Aiming headlights

Chucky797

Oct 30, 2013
New Bern, NC
Okay, I'm not new to vehicles and I opened my hood trying to adjust my headlights a little bit, but one problem. How do I go about adjusting the headlight aiming? there is a inverted torex head screws on the top but doesn't adjust the headlights at all. Maybe my lights are messed up and it is supposed to? They are the ones with the quick release pins on top, any help would be greatly appreciated. BTW it is a 2007 2500 classic.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
As far as I know, the only adjustment is there at the torx screw. Directly below and behind it is a threaded shaft the adjustment rides on, it's probably capped off with a black rubber cap, depending on which way you're trying to adjust the lights you may just be out of adjustment slack

I've never had an issue adjusting the lights on the three GM rigs I've had, sorry I'm not really any help here

Good luck, hope ya figure it out.

metron

Sep 13, 2012
Buffalo, NY
Its an E8 inverted torx. There are 2 per headlight, one affects to the horizontal axis the other the vertical. Your screws may be maxed out one way or the other (screwed all the way down or all the way up) those are the only adjustments for the headlights. Make sure your headlights is also properly mounted the the radiator support and that the 2 "L" pins are installed fully/correctly. There is 2 holes the "L" pins go through once fully inserted twist the "L" pins to lock in place.

If you still have troubles ill try to post pix for ya tomorrow.