LLY: aeromotive 1000 lift for lift pump???

valleyduramax

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa ON Canada
are these any good to use a lift pump as long as i use a regulator set to 12psi? i was told the pump runs at 45 psi non regulated. my lift pump burned out this weekend and i need to put a new one on asap. just want to know if its gonna work?

DuramaxPowered

Pushing my luck....
Jan 27, 2008
Monroe, MI
I don't think they are rated for use with diesel fuel, but I used one for a few years on a **Cough** Powerstroke **Cough**:D and it never leaked/burned out.

pizza pig

I Like to Party
Feb 13, 2012
CT
You can run the non marine pump all day with no issues but you loose the warranty, I did LOL. This is why I recommend the fuelab pumps, theyre brushless and are rated for all fuels and can be set to reduced speed for continuous use. BIG Plus. The a1000 is quieter however, and the non marine is cheaper. But the fuelab is definitely cheaper than the marine a1000. Aeromotives quality seems to have gone down over the years in my opinion.

Go with the fuelab, speaking from someone who went from a a1000 to a fuelab.

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
I run one on my on my cummins. And when my ppe pump goes up I will be installing a A1000

TRUBBS

Jul 6, 2011
How/where are you guys regulating these down to 12psi? I got 2 walboro pumps I used on my 7.3 & 12v swap that i wana run on my lly

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
You can either use a regulator or a pressure switch to regulate it. Notice the pressure switch on the line after the filter (no longer used). This was from experimental days. The regulator is set to a certain PSI and the extra it returns into itself (YES, this works). There is also a Hobbs pressure switch that is activated at 1.5psi of boost to turn the pump on (it doesn't run at idle or under that boost requirement and bypasses the pump and second fuel filter that is in the pic. The first filter is not pictured). I run a filter BEFORE the pump and after.P5280429.JPG Sorry it's not clearer.

Attachments

• P5280429.JPG
    P5280429.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

valleyduramax

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa ON Canada
thanks for the responses. i have the pump and now just waiting on a regulator to show up. only shatty part is that now i have to mod the new bracket i just made last week to fit the new pump on. these regular cabs dont really have much room underneath to put stuff

valleyduramax

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa ON Canada
ok so i got a regulator for the pump but didnt get a return styloe regulator. i wasnt really paying attention to the style so much and now i have it. so is this gonna work if its non return style? also can i run the regulator after the filters? or does it need to be right after the pump before the filters?

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
A1000's arn't rated to run for more than 30 min at a time at full power. You are supposed to buy their $300 pump controller to keep it from burning up.

I had one on my car and ran it 100% duty for sometimes as long as 1.5 hours without issues, and I have friends that have as well... so it may not be a huge deal. But the fact that they don't feel confident it can run that way for very long isn't real encouraging. I went with a MagnaFuel efi 625 on my car because it will work up to 120psi and moves a lot more fuel, the a1000 really doesn't move that much fuel at high pressure and isn't rated past 80psi (obviously not an issue on our trucks)...

There are a LOT of negative stories about a1000's... the one I had never missed a beat, but it was only ran for about 1600 miles... just some of my experience with these...

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
Rut Row. These don't like to be regulated to a certain psi. They like to flow. Hmmm. You can get a hobbs pressure switch to be Normaly Closed and route the ground through it and plumb it in the fuel line (like in my pic up there). They you can set it for about 12-14psi and it will shut the pump off at this pressure. However this is all easily done if you've done it before. Otherwise,,,,, Can you send the regulator back and get a different one with a return?

I run the 11110 that's rated at 1000lbs at 45psi (but it goes to 120+psi) and is diesel marine rated. Never an issue in 7 years now. CAT filter before, CAT filter after.

Last edited:

valleyduramax

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa ON Canada
ya i can rig up a hobbs switch and go that route. but do i still use the regulator with this setup? also my question about regulator before filters or after is that im just wondering if the cat filters can handle the 45psi from the pump if i run the regulator after the filters?