Adding weight help.

red1977

Nov 15, 2010
Ogden Utah
I need to add about 900lbs to the truck for pulling this year. I pull in the work stock class so I can't hang weights out the front end. Give me some Ideas on how I can add weight and make it work for me.

onedirtymax

Feb 9, 2011
Exactly what they said. I put one in the floor on the in the front passenger side and two in the floor in the back and seven under my toolbox.

jnieberlein

Secret Squirrel Diesel
Aug 17, 2009
West By God
Most guys use suitcase type tractor weights, I have used any combination of tractor weights, chains, dumb bells, tools, 40lb bags of water softener salt, fertilizer bags, any thing you can find cheap and heavy, preferably not fluid, anything that sloshes around could hurt you

red1977

Nov 15, 2010
Ogden Utah
Most guys use suitcase type tractor weights, I have used any combination of tractor weights, chains, dumb bells, tools, 40lb bags of water softener salt, fertilizer bags, any thing you can find cheap and heavy, preferably not fluid, anything that sloshes around could hurt you

I looked at buying some suitcase weights but man they are spendy. Thanks for all your help.

jnieberlein

Secret Squirrel Diesel
Aug 17, 2009
West By God
they are expensive, hence the other suggestions although I wouldn't by 200lbs of fertilizer if you don't have a yard, or 400 lbs of water softener salt if you don't have a water softener. but you get the idea be resourceful, I have found dumbbells and workout weights for very cheap at yard sales or on craigslist

Woody87

May 6, 2010
Mt. Vernon, IN
When I was pulling WS i bought 80LB bags of quickcrete, only $3.60 a bag and you can wet them to harden them up so the bags dont bust on ya, or pour in to a form of your choice.

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
Fatties. You need a fattie or maybe 2. I have 2 patent pending setups that will work for you.

Version 1 :
I suppose you weren't bright enough to pull with a van, so just imagine this in the bed of your truck.

YWZhdGdpcmxzLmpwZw.jpg

Version 2:
You will need an adapter to let you run a cargo carrier and a hitch, but scientific NASA proven results here.

dHJhY3Rpb25naXJscy5qcGc.jpg

I Have plenty of bait options available for attracting the fatties too. Contact me via pm since I'm not a vendor.

red1977

Nov 15, 2010
Ogden Utah
Fatties. You need a fattie or maybe 2. I have 2 patent pending setups that will work for you.

Version 1 :
I suppose you weren't bright enough to pull with a van, so just imagine this in the bed of your truck.

YWZhdGdpcmxzLmpwZw.jpg

Version 2:
You will need an adapter to let you run a cargo carrier and a hitch, but scientific NASA proven results here.

dHJhY3Rpb25naXJscy5qcGc.jpg

I Have plenty of bait options available for attracting the fatties too. Contact me via pm since I'm not a vendor.

Oh my hell me and the wife can't stop laughing. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

duramatt05

Nov 21, 2010
sunderland, Ont
i use patio slabs when i cant get any suitcase weights. just stand them up at the front of the box. are u aloud weight under or behind the front bumber? or do the rules say in the box?

RedHotGMC

stock
Jan 16, 2012
Northern Utah
When i pulled up there i borrowed my buddies tractor weights and threw them in the cab and bed for 900 lbs worth, and never had a problem with united going through tech.