Adding oil to new AC compressor

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Gonna be finishing up putting my AC together today. I got a new compressor and condensor (I think that's what it was) so how and where do I put the new compressor oil in? Through the top 2 holes before I finish putting the hose on? What about pulling a vacuum on it?

Jan 28, 2014
I usually put 4 ounces in the compresser and 4 in the dryer...and just pour it in the holes u may have to spin the compresser by hand to get it all in. I always drain the compresser first so I know how much to put in

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
I usually put 4 ounces in the compresser and 4 in the dryer...and just pour it in the holes u may have to spin the compresser by hand to get it all in. I always drain the compresser first so I know how much to put in
It's a brand new compressor and it didn't come with specs so I have no clue how much it holds. But I'll try that. It did come with a little bottle of oil so I'll pour all that in. Thanks for the info. That'll help me a bunch.

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Your new compressor should have roughly 7oz of fluid in it and if you did replace your Condensor "aka the thing that looks like a mini radiator" it needs 1 extra ounce to compensate for what is Left in it...
Do not just pour it in though it needs to be added with a oiler that gets hooked up to your gauges.
If you replaced your accumulator "aka the thing that looks like a canister"it needs 2 oz
Also recommend changing the orifice tube
It does need to be vacuumed down for at least 10 minutes and let it sit with it off to make sure there are no leaks!
Then recharge system with 1.6 pounds of r134a refrigerant and all of the oil is PAG:thumb:

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Your new compressor should have roughly 7oz of fluid in it and if you did replace your Condensor "aka the thing that looks like a mini radiator" it needs 1 extra ounce to compensate for what is Left in it...
Do not just pour it in though it needs to be added with a oiler that gets hooked up to your gauges.
If you replaced your accumulator "aka the thing that looks like a canister"it needs 2 oz
Also recommend changing the orifice tube
It does need to be vacuumed down for at least 10 minutes and let it sit with it off to make sure there are no leaks!
Then recharge system with 1.6 pounds of r134a refrigerant and all of the oil is PAG:thumb:
Accumulator! That's what it was. New office tube as well. Okay so I'll just put it back together and take it to a guy I know with a body shop with the stuff to do it right.

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
Possibly a bad question but it's there any way to "service compressors to prevent seizing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Possibly a bad question but it's there any way to "service compressors to prevent seizing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best thing to do is pay attention!
If your air starts blowing warmer try to identify a leak.
Leak=moisture getting in the system which is death to a compressor.
Do not use the do it yourself refrigerant can either... those things just ruin your system:thumb:

Also make sure to use only brand new Acdelco Compressor
Napa/autozone etc etc remans Suck! You might get lucky 1-10 but I have lost a lot of time and money trying to save a buck :eek: