Add another build to the list

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
So intercooler is welded up and back in. Finally got enough courage to put a tune in tonight. With a 1400µs tune in 5th gear boost would climb to about 34psi total right at 4000rpm (forgot to disable my rev limiter). The low pressure charger is making 22psi with the gate plumbed shut. I pulled the gate off tonight just to make sure it wasn't leaking. Everything seemed fine. First through third gear are just kind of doggy but once it's lugged down in 4th and 5th it runs like a raped ape! However it blacks out the road and the EGT gauge is still buried.

I feel like there really isn't anything else that I'm missing that would be causing the high pressure charger to not be driven hard enough. Just hoping that going from a 1.15 turbine housing down to the .84 will make the difference.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Planning on it! I need to defend my title from last year haha. Just need to get this boost issue worked out and a hood to fit and I'll definitely be there. You going to run Brian?

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
She runs a lot better now! Just needed a bit more rpm...:D:woott: Tinkered with the tuning and changing my shift points to 4400 puts the chargers in their sweet spot! Almost touched 50psi right out of the hole with egt's stopping at 1400°.

A quick vid my buddy took on our way to our business meeting Monday.

[YOUTUBE]j5i0UWR01Y4&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
So I was playing with some more shift points today and decided to bust out the GoPro. Little smokey right now but waiting for my exhaust housing to show up before I try tuning it out.
[YOUTUBE]KDq8VQyz2Mw[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
No hood still? :D

That same flat that is flying around in the video flew off on my single cab when I was doing the same thing :roflmao:

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Haha yup no hood! I debated putting it on Sunday but realized how easy it is without the hood to change out the turbine housing. Which, if things go well, should be showing up today...

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
New update! Installed the .84 housing onto the small charger and man what a difference it made! Around town daily driving is way better now with spool-ability comparable to my worn out s366. EGT's are down across most of the powerband and seeing almost 50psi maxed out at 1800µs.

Hit an issue the day before I took it to the track. The v-band flange on the large charger cracked almost completely off the housing so I had to take it to get welded real quick. The pipe/charger didn't feel like it was torqued or under tension but I noticed the casting was real thin where it cracked. Got it welded up and was good to go :thumb:

Took it to the track yesterday for our annual Truckfest event and managed to pull a 15.0@100mph with one 14.6 hitting my brakes. Converter is holding me back as I can't get on top of the charger at the line, especially with the elevation at our track. I'll get a few vids posted tonight.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
man and i though brians truck didnt wanna spool lol. she cleans that fuel right up once lit!

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Yeah she's definitely earned her name of "Captain Lag". Didn't help Bandimere's dynamic elevation was like 9400ft Sunday! The converter is definitely too tight but it only has like 5,000 miles since it was refreshed so I really don't want to loosen it up right now. Plus racing season is almost over and not being able to spool at a dead stop may help with my tire fund :D But it's still loads of fun to drive on the street and I'm happy with it. Going to focus on the body now and swap to the '06/'07 front grill/hood so I don't have to run a hood with 1" spacers on it anymore :roflmao: And I do have a spare cp3 laying around so when the right deal comes along it'll be game on for more fuel!