Add another build to the list

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Thank you! As the hood is still off I'm getting compliments daily! Even had a kid chase me down just to check it out. May have to leave it off for a while lol.

It pulled as well as it could! Still has decent low end power even with no boost. Once up and going it was just a balancing act between rpm, EGT's and not smoking out traffic. Felt real strong though. Shifts were a bit funky but i had the wrong torque table programmed in and my computer had died. My buddy got a video of it ill have to post up.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Ran a few full throttle test runs with just stock fuel/timing. With the gate plumbed shut I'm seeing about 28psi total with about 12-13 out of the primary and EGT's hitting 1600 easily. Makes me feel better about ordering that .84a/r exhaust housing. That, and some good tuning should get that secondary running where it'll make me happy.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
All the hoses and pipes are new and I pressure checked the inter cooler a month before I tore it down. But ill check it tomorrow just to make sure

fatboylmm

Dec 3, 2009
I like my green color better but it looks awesome ! I am glad you got it going so fast ! Good job buddy keep us posted on the numbers ! :thumb:

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
I like my green color better but it looks awesome ! I am glad you got it going so fast ! Good job buddy keep us posted on the numbers ! :thumb:

The kit definitely looked good but I'm a sucker for black and blue :)

yeah im going to race this year again. hopefully I can get some consistent 12's out of mine.

Sounds like a plan! Hopefully it won't be as hot like it was last year.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
that's no joke. it was way too hot last year. how long until you can lay some wood to the new build and really test it out?

As soon as I get all these quirks worked out. Once work slows down today I'm going to pressure check my charged air pipes and make sure my wastegate is actually staying shut. Just got my intake pipe to the coaters today. So hoping ill crank it up sometime next week.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Found a leak in my intercooler :mad: Usual spots on top and bottom of the driver's side. Not leaking much right now but glad I did find them in the first stages of failing.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Thanks for the comments guys! I have a spare stock intercooler that has the same leaks, so I'm going to weld that one up and throw it in for now, along with that exhaust housing. Hopefully that wakes it up a bit. But unfortunately my shop has been overrun by a wedding today so no working on it till next week lol.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Still waiting on my turbine housing to show and my intake pipe to get coated. In the mean time I pulled the intercooler tonight. At 30psi, it leaks a lot worse than I thought lol. The top and bottom both leak bad.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374119572.662707.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374119572.662707.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374119572.662707.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 50