acceleration knock

08lmm72mm

May 13, 2019
Saskatchewan, Canada
Looks like a copper washer may have been leaking a little bit. Would that cause my symptoms? It's the number 5 cylinder.
Yes this certainly would, a leaking copper washer will leak compression and throw off balance rates. Injector hold down bolts should only be used once and make sure to use compressed air to blow the hole clean for the bolts otherwise it'll give you a false torque reading and it could leak again.

Reactions: 2004LB7

2002lb769

Jan 7, 2023
Was it the copper washer causing the noise? Mine makes the same noise and have been doing a ton of reading and finding guys with the same noise but no concrete fixes. Wondering all the same things before throwing new injectors at it. Had the truck for about 6 months but have no prior history, other than I noticed the left hand valve cover was clean and had new gaskets so it was definitely off for some reason.

danzick

playing with fire
Feb 20, 2014
Livingston, MT
nope. never did figure out a fix. I've just been driving it. Ive been told it can be normal for my pistons and sac style 70% over injectors. Its not making any oil and balance rates are fine at operating temp. It runs fine and i have been getting 18 mpg at 75 ish MPH highway driving, so im happy so far.

2002lb769

Jan 7, 2023
Yeah mine are stock but I don't have any other symptoms other than noise, two injectors are close to being out of spec as far as balance rates goes but that's it. My noise varies as well, some days not so bad, others very loud on my opinion.
The noise isn't as bothersome as not being sure if it's gonna hurt something down the line. And finding so many people with the same noise but then the threads doe before a fix is found is annoying lol.
Source: https://youtube.com/shorts/7NmTyWdZcpA?feature=share

danzick

playing with fire
Feb 20, 2014
Livingston, MT
that's not what mine sounds like. Yours is more consistent. mine only occurs while the turbos are spooling. pretty much as soon as my boost gauge reads 10 psi and above, it fades to the point you cant hardly hear it.