Help: A newbie setting up DSP5 tunes

rennat_2006

Feb 18, 2010
Pasco, Wa
Trying to get EFI live figured out and have been playing around and doing lots of reading across multiple forums on it.

I took my factory tune and converted it to a DSP5 tune, Saved the tune with the new DSP5 OS and shut EFI live. Re-opened and saw the new DSP options under EFI live custom calibrations. When i open the folder it shows DSP Program #1-4. After clicking on any of them 1-4 i get these tables to adjust...
DSP5Screenshot.jpg

My plan was to take the tunes that i had pulled out of my truck off of my old Superchips Flashpaq and load them into the different DSP positions. So I opened another EFI live window up and loaded my stock tune, then loaded an alternative calibration for comparision(my tow tune off of my flashpaq), Then i displayed the calibration difference summary which is this picture...
Towtunetostocktunecomparision.jpg

So my plan was to take all of the tables out of the difference summary that were changed between the tow tune and my stock tune and paste them into the corresponding tables in the DSP #1 position. I have ran into a snag though and am looking for some guidance on what to do with the tables that show up in the difference but arent shown as modifyable in the DSP #.

Like for example here is what is changed from my stock tune to the tow tune but not modifiable in the DSP tables....
-Timing base C, D, and E were changed between my stock tune and the tow tune but the only timing tables that i can adjust on the DSP position are Timing Base A and B.
-Intake Temp Torque limit was also modified in the tow tune but is not modifiable in the DSP tunes.
-Barometric pressure was changed but not modifiable in the DSP tunes.
-EGR flows were changed but cannot be in the DSP tunes.

So what do i do with these parameters that were changed between the stock tune and the tow tune but i do not have the option to change in the DSP tunes?

BlkMax

Sep 1, 2008
Wasilla, AK
What you are proposing is technically a license violation from Superchips....kind of like stealing software....sorry if this sound harsh, but I work in an industry that has issues with software license violations....

This can be done, but you may be better served by having someone write a tune for you the first you run EFI.

I guess I am wondering why you bought EFI if you are happy with the Superchips tunes.

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island
While it is a good way to get fimilar with the software it will still be a Superchips program and thats no fun. You will be happier with a "good" tune.

rennat_2006

Feb 18, 2010
Pasco, Wa
I understand what you guys are saying, plan was to just use them as a "base" to tweak off of and get familar with efi to them write my own tunes. I am not happy with their tuning and have plans to go bigger,like mentioned earlier I'm just using them as a trainer you could say to help get familar with efi live.

I'm going to buy the lbz tuning library from nick over at duramax tuner when funding permits.

Anyways to my original question, how do I go about setting those tables and stuff that aren't available to change under the dsp tables?

travistim_69

USMC diesel Mechanic
Jul 22, 2009
Oceanside Ca./ from Juneau Ak.
I understand what you guys are saying, plan was to just use them as a "base" to tweak off of and get familar with efi to them write my own tunes. I am not happy with their tuning and have plans to go bigger,like mentioned earlier I'm just using them as a trainer you could say to help get familar with efi live.

I'm going to buy the lbz tuning library from nick over at duramax tuner when funding permits.

Anyways to my original question, how do I go about setting those tables and stuff that aren't available to change under the dsp tables?

You could check out diesel place they have a spot where people post tunes they have made that you can down load for free and learn off of those, and watch the tutorials on duramax tuner.