Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Strattec Lock Review

[YOUTUBE]F3xUtf_Rys0[/YOUTUBE]

IMG_1045.jpg

More info here.
http://www.stratteclock.com/vehicle_match.php

Here's a great gadget for all of us who have too many keys. You take this padlock, then put your ignition key in, and it "learns" your key. Now you can open it with your truck/car key. If you need 3 locks keyed alike, buy three. If you need 10, buy ten, instead of throwing away your old locks and buying another set of locks.

It will lock the trailer on your ball, and there is a model that also locks your hitch into the receiver.

Thanks Rob for finding out about this! :hug:

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
These are a great idea, but not so good for work when you have to give others the keys....then they would have a key to my truck.....that is soooo not going to happen:rofl::rofl::rofl:

duramax3388

May 22, 2008
Zanesville Ohio
its a great idea i wish i would of thought of it but when it comes to keys my truck key is by its self and everything else is on a separate one because i hate shutting off the truck to just run in the house to get something or something like that but all in all its a great idea

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
its a great idea i wish i would of thought of it but when it comes to keys my truck key is by its self and everything else is on a separate one because i hate shutting off the truck to just run in the house to get something or something like that but all in all its a great idea

I run the same set-up but I'm just gonna get my spare key cut and keep it on my other key chain.

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
Pretty cool. Kinda like the Kwikset Smartkey. :thumb:

I've been thru 2 smartkey deadbolts in just over a year. The tumblers lose their position or something and then no key works in it.

Kwikset has taken care of me. sent me a new one, then the 2nd time I said dont send another smartkey deadbolt So they sent me 2 keyed alike deadbolts.