914 HP 1583 TQ LBZ With wet paint

Tony Burkhard

Allseason Diesel Per.
We built a LBZ pulling truck for BDL. We finished it last sunday morning 6-14-09. Than after lunch we loaded it up along with the Dirty Hooker and another truck we just finished up that morning for Jalanv1 and headed to TTPA's test and tune day.

Both Trucks that we just finished were spinning 3.0 chargers. We had our hands full building two 3.0 trucks at the same time. We put in weeks of 18 hour days seven days a week and to have them both completed on the day we said we would.

I had my hands full pulling three trucks and logging all the data from them, we just started with tunes that were thrown together. I never had time to do any tuning at the pulling track.

Well both trucks did very well first time out, I need the tuning to learn how to spin up the 3.0's.

I made three passes with BDL's, two with Jalanv1 and one with mine. We all loaded up. Jalanv1 went home to PA and BDL headed to Danville to see mark to get tuned.

On monday Mark DYNO'ed the truck with the tune that was in it from the test and tune and it made 822 or so HP, After mark fixxed up the spooling and finished tuning it made 914 hp and 1583 tq.

Here is videos of me pulling there trucks while they watched from the sidelines. Im sure they were very nervous as was I. These trucks are there babies. Some of us would give up our wives before our trucks .
I know the runs are far from perfect but i was very happy for there first passes out.

[YOUTUBE]P6mukDjtlU4&[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]BvjcXbspJKE&[/YOUTUBE]

Well i made a pass with the DIRTY HOOKER for the guys, oh and Steve was there with FULL SPOOL to make a beautiful pass.

[YOUTUBE]nTdm1cJJ-EM&[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ZbJXf40wBe0&[/YOUTUBE]

and here is the Dyno sheet on BDL's truck

Attachments

• BDL Run.Dyno.jpg
    BDL Run.Dyno.jpg
    528.5 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

03 D-max

Honorary "Tosser"
Apr 29, 2008
Lowville NY
i just went to the third video and then looked at other videos posted by him.

the dmaxs look very strong those are some great numbers:coolspot:

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
Let me get this right, you got 2 trucks done on time? I know most builders around you have enough problems getting 1 truck done in 1 year! :D

On the BDL's truck, do you think the tq is a touch low or was something wrong with the dyno?

racinmike77

Sep 14, 2008
MD
The BDL hooks alot like the dirty hooker where as the LLy didnt seem like it was fueled enough or had trouble staying on the turbo or maybe lack of rpm. I dunno maybe I should put my contacts in.